Monday, September 28, 2009

Inspiration Blowing In The Wind

There's a strong wind in the air , some rain has came and went and the sun is trying to peek through.... Over the weekend cheers were erupting from football stadiums and school playing fields. It was a good weekend for our favorites in our household with Tinora High School and the Ohio State Buckeyes coming out on the winning end.... Golf was a different format... we even called it "goofy golf" yesterday for the members fun day, but I enjoyed it... I don't know what it is about the crisp weather, trees ablaze, sun twinking, but not scorching, nuts on the ground, bright orange pumpkins displayed on porches of peoples homes, just taps into my senses, and I love the feeling it gives to me.... I guess the true word for the season is "spellbound".... It is a thrilling environment when you can view the trees turning, it is like you struck gold... If you haven't been able to have some time for yourself out-of-doors, please do , it is well worth the trip... Spending the day outside the home with the wind in my face was just delicious yesterday... Just have to take in those moments....

Now is also the time of the season I like to find inspiration anywhere I can, finding viewing pleasure and come away with a brain full of ideas... I have been personally not placing myself into environments where I may be temped with allot of spending... Just a out on a whim trip around my home re purposing items... There are simple fixes... Got a old suitcase??? Vintage of course.... Try opening it up and sitting it on it's end and using it for a back drop... can be filled with a larger object, hang old photos and other objects and sitting atop... It suddenly becomes a perfect place to show off collections... A salvaged window also can become a instance backdrop and give you that shabby junk feel that I so love ... You know somethings just seem to belong where you may put them with our inspiration.... It is just like a person seeking out their bliss. " SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE PLACE YOU WERE BORN TO DISCOVER WHERE YOU TRULY BELONG".... You will then rediscover natural beauty, uniqueness, and the true feeling of warm and friendly... when you allow this to happen a well spring of creation and inspiration will enter...
As I have been sitting here writing my post the visions of yesterday are drifting away and the winds have picked up tremendously, bringing small branches crashing to the ground and the skies are deep grey.... today will be turning out to be one to find vision within the indoors, but the feeling of yesterdays gently wind and warming sun rays will help me navigate through the day... After all home is where the heart is..... Hope you all enjoy your day and are able to spend some time in this great outdoors waiting to be enjoyed......


1 comment:

Sandi said...

Marietta,
Beautiful post again. I think you should be a writer! You just know how to say it and put it all together beautifully.
Blessings~