Friday, September 18, 2009

SPARKLES





A good term in my daily life is "JUST ADD SPARKLES".... I love the use of sparkles in projects that glimmer, adding shimmer in our everyday decor to making time to do something we love that places a twinkle in our eyes.... even if it's taking a break on your favorite blogs or with a magazine or book to soothe your soul. Candles and mini Christmas lights, lighting your rooms is a dedicated way to slip away and spend your quiet moments.... Just a lovely way to delight in that sparkle whenever you can possibly work it in... For me the allure of crystal and aged silver is a sugar coating to beautiful eye candy. Collections seem to come to life with sparkles and seem to bring dashes of holiday to everyday living... It's like a person who has recently fell head over heels in love.... They are just glowing... What a lovely way to think of traveling through life's moments... It seems now that I had had a hint of Autumn mist and a few glances back at summer ... I am starting to think of the twinkle of the Christmas season,and I find great inspiration when I view glimmering baubles as you probably read on my last post....
I am a person who decorates bit by bit.... I may start arranging things now that I know I will be combining with Christmas.... That habit has been for years of having to rearrange a complete retail store for Christmas... Have a plan and for heaven's sakes don't have to move those fixtures so many times... I just adapted it into everyday life... Guess old habits do die hard... It is never too early for a touch of shimmer... I am always adding sparkle to my home with bejeweled elegance of vintage rhinestone jewelry ... For me it adds excitement, glamour and the wonder of yesteryear.... Jeweled crowns are certainly being appreciated in the present day... I haven't found my crown yet so I am not going to be queen for a day unless I crown myself.... For each one of us, we need to find the one special thing or object that makes us glimmer, and enjoy that special feeling... Add some sparkles to your life today......

1 comment:

Katie said...

I just added some sparkles to my life today, by reading this wonderful sparkling post ~~ i love things that glimmer and shimmer and twinkle and shine, and everything you said just resonates in me...
I don't have a blog, I just "came across" your site one day ~~~ I think God wanted to give me a sweet gift, and I'm so thankful Him.
from your friend, Katie