Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Matter Of The Heart




The older you get with years passing by the more cherished things become.. when writing Christmas cards there are many I find I can only send in memories.... as they are no longer with us.... The joy of being able to give, if only in inspiration is so much better than receiving....
Just being able to sit by the Christmas tree and enjoy the glow and twinkle of the lights surrounded by lovely ornaments on a cold winter's night becomes a beloved delight...
In my thoughts I realize more and more every year.... Christmas is really a matter of the heart......
" There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child." Erma Bombeck
Ps. The pictures above are of my fireplace mantel......Enjoy life... be a child today.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

What lovely thoughts of Christmas. I have thought a couple of time of changing and updating my address book, but at Christmas when I am doing the cards, I cherish the memories when I see names of friends and family who are no longer with us.
Denis

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Marietta...
I love your mantel it is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing with me. I also love the writing about the spirit of a child.

Please pop over and read my story today. I am on the same wave length as you today. The spirit of Christmas through a child.

Have a blessed day today. I love those pink ornaments in the beautiful glass jar.

Country hugs sweetie, Sherry

Anonymous said...

How beautiful. I love clicking on your photos so I can enjoy everything close~up! You are so very creative.
Christmas is indeed a matter of the heart and a time to be a child again ~ alive to all the joy and magic of Christmas. I miss my Mom so much at Christmas, she loved it so. I try to honor her memory and fill myself up with all the love she gave to me so I can give to others.
~Blessings~

Celestial Charms said...

What lovely thoughts for today. Funny, before reading your post, I told my children we would be going to our local park for a nature walk. Now, I know I will enjoy it all the more after reading your suggestion. You mantle is so pretty. Love how your arranged the vintage Christmas balls. A home with a fireplace is so cozy. To honor those friends and relatives no longer with us, I tend to hang up previous Christmas cards that they sent to me. That keeps their spirits around me for the Holidays.
Maureen
Maureen

Sandi said...

Beautiful mantel Marietta! So pretty.
Christmas is definitely a matter of the heart. I can't believe it is almost upon us again!!
Have a wonderful day!
Blessings~