Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dreams

The weather forecast for the next few days calls for a cup of your favorite hot beverage and a warming fireplace... The flicker of candles seem to add warmth to our surrounding also...
Winter blustery mornings makes me have a desire to just curl up and peer outdoors and watch the snowflakes on their journey... These types of days instill a desire for small changes in my decorating. My mind travels with different ideas and the love of objects seen in magazines and on blogs..... but soon reality enters and I know some of it would be wonderful but requires those darn little green bills... Back to the search for loved objects that will fit into my lifestyle we go... I think this all may well be a part of the fact of more containment in the home and retirement.Dreams are good however. I am going searching for my dose of vintage charm.... oh, that is right after I stay in reality and place my clothes from the washer into the dryer for drying and folding...Doesn't that just end a dream... { Tom always says to me .... be glad you have a nice place to wash and dry your clothes and that is so very true} Hope you all dream today about life and all the lovely things we are able to surround our lives with.... Blessings....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My weather forecast calls for the same. I find myself out of energy or at the least ready to sit in my easy chair & do my needlework or read!!
But that is o.k....as soon as we get that brief winter thaw that lets us peek at the spring to come I will be full of energy again!!
((HUGS))
Marilyn
xxoo

Miss Gracie's House said...

Have fun *dreaming* and re-doing! Stay warm...and Happy New year!
Rene'

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR MARIETTA,
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL, DREAMY, WARM POST. I LOVE IT VERY MUCH. THE PICTURE OF THE LADY WOULD BE SO PRETTY ON THE FRONT OF A JOURNAL OR LITTLE QUOTE BOOK. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL.
ANGEL HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE