Sunday, January 17, 2010

Little Changes











Oh my... it is close to noon already.... I arose at 6:00 this morning for Tom to tell me a Trojan came in on the laptop he uses last eve... We recieved this 2 months ago and now again.... My son had to have a 200.00 repair... I worked on it for 2 hours before church and came home and worked another hour.... and finally think I got it out... it is up and running again... I placed a beef roast in the oven about an hour ago.... folded one load of laundry... another in the dryer and made us breakfast of bacon... eggs... fried potatoes and toast... and all I really wanted to do was place my post on my blog....
I have still been changing things around and reusing in different areas... Will share a few more pics.... I have more to complete on the felt dress form area in one of the photos... That vignette is right as you enter in the front door of our home.... The little vignette with the suitcases has a redo of my little mini chandelier... I added aged papers and twine... The aged paper page was a saved embellishment on some packaging I purchased from a fellow blogger a year or so ago... I save anything that can be used to scrap with.....
Yesterday Tom and I went to Toledo to visit and eat out with his brother... I was looking forward to looking in a fabric shop there , hoping I could find just the right look for a grain sack look to do some handwritten letters on... Well... when we pulled in the store was no longer there.... I was disappointed... it is very hard to find fabric stores in my area anymore... Guess sewing is also becoming a lost art.... I am still on the look for something that will work....
I received my Jeanne d Arc Magazine a couple days ago and have a couple small projects I would like to try.... To be continued.....
Well.... I am going to read some other posts and then back to the kitchen to make dessert for our supper tonight.... I am having a large pot roast of beef ...carrots and potatoes and dessert is going to be home-made cream puffs and scratch pudding filling with whip cream on top... Yummmmmm.......
Today's post really was a punch of mussings ...wasn't it... Hopefully tomorrow I can add a bunch of class.......




6 comments:

Unknown said...

You have been a busy girl! Love those candles with the old pages wrapped around the and tied with twine. Everything is looking fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Your roast beef dinner sounds wonderful. We are having pork chops, mashed potatoes & the trimmins'.... We are eating early as Hubby goes out tonight for an early run.....
Love your rearranging!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Sandi said...

Love your vignettes Marietta!! The paper on the candles is so pretty.

I also hear that magazine is amazing. Enjoy it and please share a few pix with us if you find the time. :)
Hugs~

Maison Douce said...

I love what you are doing... What a great idea with those candles wrapped in paper!!!
Isabel

Anonymous said...

I love this post, and I love reading tidbits of your life.
When I was growing up we always had roast for Sunday supper (it seemed) especially in the Winter. I love the smell of a roast cooking.
That little chandelier is so charming, I really like that idea of candles wrapped in paper. Hmmm, one I might borrow...
Did you say cream puffs, I'll be right over. I didn't think anyone made them anymore. I had a great Aunt Margaret that made delicious ones, I have wonderful memories of her and her cream puffs!
Hugs))

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

ALMOST nothing better on a Winter's night than a good old fashioned Beef Roast with new potatoes and carrots cut up with the roast...YUMMMMM!
My mother in law use to make one wrapped in foil and dry onion soup mix all over it.. baked in the over for about 6 hours...really, really low heat....OH SO delicious and tender.

Rose

http://delightfulclutter.blogspot.com/