Thursday, February 25, 2010

Doing It My Way











Yesterday afternoon I spent a couple hours creating.... A couple weeks ago I purchased a yard of material at Hobby Lobby when Tom and I made a afternoon trip there.... I think this was 2.49 a yard..... I used a half of yard making these two pillows..... As always .... I did it my way.... stayed with the budget and got out the fabric pen and took a image of a old post card I had in my pics on computer ... printer it out and headed to the rec room..... I just simply cut out the pillows.... free handed the letters .... sewed them up and added tags with old stamps.... also stored in pics on computer.... I have about 2.50 in each pillow..... If I ever find original french feed sacks at a reasonable price ..... I will buy then but for now I will use these.... They are so budget friendly and they really are rather cute... Always can be taken outside on the porch and decks this summer for special occasions......I just can't bring myself to pay the 50.00 to 200.00 for the wonderful pillows many are featuring but I sure do love them...... Be patient... something will come along....
Guess what .... it is snowing here again this morning as I sip my coffee.... Today is cleaning day for me and I should be up moving already but I need some sunshine to charge my battery.... I emptied a large olive jar that I plan on scrapping with maybe later today or tomorrow... I saw about a month ago a memory jar someone had created and thought it was so sweet... I thought I would try my olive jar and with Mothers Day coming up display it with a sweet picture of my mom taken in 1929 when she was 14.... It would be a lovely reminder of her as I have not had her for several years now... To be continued......



8 comments:

Unknown said...

your pillow turned out beautifully! i love what you did! thanks for the visit :) susan

Anonymous said...

....absolutely love these pillows!! You do such a great job!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Sandi said...

BEAUTIFUL Marietta!! Love them and such a inexpensive way to do it!!
Blessings~

The Victorian Parlor said...

Marietta,

The pillows are fabulous! I just love them:).

Blessings,

Kim

the gypsy magpie said...

These pillows are awesome!!! Thanks for showing how you did it- I can see I'm gonna have to dig out that piece of linen I had stuffed in my fabric stash. They really would look great outside on the patio.
You're such a talented girl!

Shopgirl said...

What a wonderful idea, I think you are amazing...something so different and sweet for any home.
Your handwritting blows my mind, I am luck to write at all!
Have a great weekend, mary

A Perfect Gray said...

such style! and a wonderful idea. I am with you on the prices we see! your solution is perfect.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I LOVE your pillows! I can't bring myself to pay those prices for a pillow either. I hope you don't minds if I copy your idea a bit...I'll give you credit.