Monday, February 22, 2010

Pattern Tissue Wreath







Yesterday afternoon was spent indoor cooking supper and creating.. I had a styrofoam wreath I recycled from another project and tissue patterns I had purchased for pennies last year when making tissue paper flowers for my Christmas..... Thought I would use these materials and create a wreath... I have seen the book page wreaths that a couple bloggers had made and thought I would use what I have available and make it as simple as possible... I used no glue in this project as it did not require it.... Cutting 5 to 6 inch wide strips of uncut old patterns.... they do not have to be perfect.... The length varied some from 12 to 15 inches... I cut pieces of wire from my spool to make a hairpin to replace greening pins which can be purchased at a craft or florist for about 2 cents each.... Gathered the strips down the center and placed the wire pin through the center and shoved it in..I did use my needle nose pliers to give it a extra shove in the stryo and make it secure... I added a tag and now replaced the evergreen wreath on the inside of my front door... Zero dollars as everything was from my stash.... Ps. I did wrap the wreath with a couple of the longer strips pf tissue to cover my mechanics....
Spring sweetness didn't arrive last evening or this morning... rather wet snow and sleet combo... I did a skid walking out to retrieve the mail a little bit ago so I think I am in for the day.... as I await mother nature to awake from her season of slumber....



13 comments:

Sandi said...

I LOVE this idea Marietta!!! I will have to try to make one soon. Did you gather the center with needle and thread? Beautiful!!
Hugs~
PS A thrift store that I go to gives away patterns for free, but they limit you to five per time. Works for me!!

Terri Gordon said...

Your wreath is beautiful.

Coleen said...

just loverly!!

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Anonymous said...

Now that turned out very Vintagie....((is that a word?? It is now))Love it!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

The Victorian Parlor said...

I love it!!! I am going to try this-I just love the look of it:)! Thanks for the inspiration-again!

Blessings,

Kim

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

That is wonderful and so feminine! I want to try this too. Inspiring post!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Marietta, this is so lovely to me! The different shades of tissue are just gorgeous ~ spring is knocking on our door here in Georgia...so it's just down the block from you!!!! hugs and love, Dawn

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

So many great ideas...need more time in my day! Looks great...now where are my old patterns???
Deb :)

Lady Farmer said...

Oohhh! I really like the look of this wreath ~ like faded flower blossoms! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings!

The Gypsy Magpie said...

Your wreath is really, really pretty. The color of pattern tissue is so beautiful anyway and all that fluffiness looks great.
Nice job! You have inspired me to take a second look at all those pattern envelopes I've got stashed away...

Faded Plains said...

Can I just say....that is beautiful.

Jennifer said...

Marietta - this is fab! You always have the best ideas and such pretty post! I promise I haven't forgotten your ornaments... they are at my friend's house - she's in Texas (Commerce)I watch the house but they have been doing all sorts of work including hardwood floors and refinishing - can't go in to get the darn BALLS! Hugs, Jennifer

Miss Gracie's House said...

That turned out *so* cute!
Rene'