Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Still Finding Stash



Good Morning... Thought I would post a couple lines this morning as I sip my coffee and watch the birds in frolic this morning... Yesterday I found a couple items I decided to reclaim and use... I found the stem of lovely white silk lilacs in a bag in the closet and decided to do a hand tied in my hands and place them to a vase I had in the front picture window... rather than place a price on them for a dollar... Also had made these pillows a couple years ago and decided to place them on my little bench on my small front porch area... I would place a dollar on them and may as well use them and make the front area more charming and discard them as the end of the year as I know the weather will do a number on them....

I will be ending the sorting for this week today as I am beginning to feel the pressure of getting around for Easter guests..Tom's X never has cooked a meal for his kids so they always eat here... My X does have a meal for the my kids usually later in the afternoon and of course he is always welcome here also... We are not uncomfortable to come to each others homes and celebrate with the kids......and we do.... Plans for the grocery late afternoon or evening...Cleaning the house tomorrow and last minute chores... Friday morning Direct TV has made a appointment with us to update our equipment so I must make sure the are they will be working in doesn't have any little dust bunnies as it is the season...

I started cleaning off my table where I do my scrapping and creating as the grand kids play down in the rec room... Yikes... I am really messy when I scrap.... Then next week I will drag it all out again... Oh my dream of having a room of my own every come true where I can just place a private sign and not worry about it...
Have you ever visited http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com ??? I try very hard never to yearn or be envious of others but I have to be totally honest ... when I visit her blog and see her work space.... I am envious.... I just think this would be a dream come true... It is so awesome and lovely I can't imagine the lovely hours that could be spent there.... SIGH.....
Well back to my little world.... my morning break is over and I must get busy and make the best of what I am blessed to work with.... Will visit some of your blogs later this evening in my idle hours..... Have a blessed day and hope you are looking forward to seeing and enjoying time with family....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Marietta!!
Love the pictures of the lilacs & pillows..... I am going to do some embroidery today. We got a lot of snow yesterday so outside work is out of the question. That's o.k. inside watching my soap & doing needlework works for me today!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Sandi said...

Hi Marietta,
I think a lot of us are feeling the crunch of getting ready for the Easter weekend. I just mopped the dining room and living room floors and am now pinned in the studio until the floors get dry. What a nice place to be stuck! HA!!
Happy Easter to you and your family!!
Blessings~

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Marietta, I'm so glad that you're finding treasures that you can still use in your home! The pillows are so gorgeous...I know each and every corner must be beautiful there. Wishing you a very happy Easter sweet friend ~ hugs and love, Dawn

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Marietta, your sweet pillows are so lovely! that is the perfect little spot for them.

Wishing you a happy Easter and here is to hoping that we can get organized soon!

xoxo Heather

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I've not done half of what I said I would do this Spring Break. I wish I had a crafting space, too. My dining table is usually a mess. I am looking for a rolltop Indian desk to use as a crafting station in my tv room, but haven't found that just yet. When I do, one wall will be used for storage. My supplies are right now here there and everywhere. Can never find what I want. Wishing you a wonderful day and a joyous Easter. Many blessings, Tammy