Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Welcome To Spring

Oh welcome to another anniversary of spring.... We are suppose to be in the 60's today in my area... The sun is shinning removing frost from overnight temps.. I know we will have more cold weather.. possible snow but this is a taste of what is to come... A lack of sunlight can drain our good spirit so today will be a day to energize... and create positive attitude's which in turn makes situations that arrive easier to deal with ... The next two months I want to go through the house and weed out items for a garage sale... Yesterday I had myself convinced to even price some things in my home displayed but this morning I am re- thinking those thoughts. I know I have way too many objects and it would be easier if I would part with some of them but I also know I love to surround myself with them... I also love the mood of my home when visitors come and when I sit enjoying my surroundings. The thing that is slowing me down is I know I would not have the funds to replace many of these items... if I would decide I so miss the look... Guess I will just focus on objects stashed and use what I can on outdoor spaces and sell the rest... I do believe that means I must sort through my home... look forward to the brighter , warmer times... and enjoy my home with the presence of objects... This wouldn't be such a hard decision if funds were over-flowing but I will accept things as they are and go with it... and enjoy the wonderful things I have... Oh I should be doing nothing but positive thinking as I do have so much more than many... struggling without homes, jobs, loss of many things....This truly is a day to take a moment and reflect and take a few minutes to give thanks... I am off to do just that... Blessings to all of you.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have purged some of my treasures in the past, only to wish I still had this or that! Now, I think what i'll do is put it in a box and out of sight and if I don't miss it or use it in a year, say, then I know I can part with it!
Also, rotating my decor items, like i did with my kids' toys helps...put some away....and bring them out to change things up when you miss them!

if you don't really, really love the item...then part with it already...

have fun sorting and selling and storing...
ciao bella