Friday, April 2, 2010

Appreciate

Winter is over here in Defiance, Ohio at least for today... It is suppose to reach 80 degrees here and it is on it's way to doing so. Pine has been replaced with touches of spring flowers... crystals remain for touches of elegance and sparkle... Candies have been added to crystal bowls and jars for sweet enjoyment... Keeping the mood lite.. I have found new uses for old things.. Pretty jars and cloches display lovely treasures... As Easter is one day closer... unhurried time is one of life's pleasures... Tomorrow I will be boiling a dozen eggs... but not dipping in a colored solution.. I decided just to use brown eggs this year... It goes with my love of tea and coffee stained additions in my home... If we view Easter through the eyes of a child the pleasures seen endless... It can be celebrated in the simplest of ways... I have enjoyed many Easters and maybe within a few years can hide my own Easter Eggs to hunt and not remember where I placed them... Jokes about aging senors... hum... but I hope I will always be able to enjoy the memories and help make memories for others to be fond of... Let us be thankful for the gifts of the season as our cooler days seem to march steadily onward and take time to take a long deep breathe and appreciate natures beauty....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put so beautifully Marietta....
Easter Hugs....
Marilyn

Joyce's Journey said...

What a beautiful, heartwarming post! I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now! I've been stressed lately and I need to stop and smell the roses and enjoy this holiday for the beauty in it and not worry about what I need to get done. Thank you for this reminder! Happy Easter to you!!

Patty said...

That's so pretty! Happy Easter!

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling popped in to wish you and your family a joyous and blessed Easter.

Love & Hugs
Duchess