Thursday, April 22, 2010

Life Can Be A Box Of Treasures

Remember my vintage celluloid box I found hiding in my closet a few posts back... I was finding little objects of treasures to tuck into it this morning... I used a couple of my 1800's ladies of the past paper dolls I made ...aged pearls... vintage brooches... gloves a vintage collar... a bobbin with old lace.... Sometimes life can be like a box of old treasures... as it is a learning process... Finding a peace and contentment and learning not to yearn and want for excessive things becomes a real gem...Sometimes just showing the patience to see what likes ahead in our road is the best route to travel even though our modern day GPS's may tell us differently...
Tip of the day... Seeing the cup somewhat empty??? Mine is as I just finished my morning coffee... Simply by taking time to look and see... to read... and really listen... should be all the inspiration you need to fill your cup again... especially with all that surrounds us... you must be able to truly be thankful for many... many things..... I know just by peering out the window this morning... I have already added a special flavored creamer to my coffee... Please take time and enjoy your day.....

6 comments:

Stella said...

What sage advice. What a wonderful reminder to appreciate the small things like a special creamer in our coffee. For me it was watching robins pull worms from the lawn this morning. Oh what a tussle they were having. Have a special day with your cup overflowing.

Terri Gordon said...

I love what you did with your beautiful box, and what a wonderful post. I always enjoy your beautiful blog. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful Friday. Terri

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

I love finding something that I've tucked away and forgotten...and I love your little treasures too.

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Romeo said...

"She" so agrees with you! Lately, thoughts have centered around taking time to enjoy the details in life, slowing down to really "see". Your post brings "her" comfort to see that others really do take time to appreciate the small details, thus enjoying life to the fullest....

Romeo and "her"

Shopgirl said...

Love these words you have shared. I thin mine for today would be digging in the flower bed, getting ready for a new Rosemary plant and another Lavender too. But what stands out is the smell of the earth, it was a reminder of seasons past. I even got a really healthy warm and found myself watching it for a few seconds. We are blessed to have this small farm where nature gives us so much life.The Pheasants were having a little problem with Mrs. Johnson's big cat the other day, I am happy to report that the cat went home. Love Ya, Mary

Shopgirl said...

I was so into the nature of things, that I forgot to tell you how lovely your treasure box is. As always you are amazing with showing of your craft.
Love, Mary