Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pleasant Day In The Country

Today seems as though it is going to be a pleasant day in the country as the sun is out making the light frost in the outlining areas if the yard melt away... The wind has gotten much more gentle... I have dreams of getting a few more projects completed in my outdoor space.. I have a few plants I want to purchase yet to be planted but the soil is to saturated from the past days rains... I want to get flowering kale... parsley.... basil.....a few moss roses... and impatiences {pink} and I think I will be happy.... I do plant all purple and pink in my garden areas... Today will be spent trying to add some personality out of the home.. all with existing objects... I did cover some of my plantings overnight and will soon have to go out and uncover to make sure the plants don't get cooked as the days hours pass. I noticed Tom has some of our old porch posts he replaced that I may be able to use some of the good area and place some china atop... Will see if I can make that work... I would love to use more candles but usually we have a breeze that I can't keep them lit and when there isn't a breeze it is usually so hot that fire wouldn't be the feel you want.... I would like to have a wind chime in one of my trees out in front of the house... I am going to think of creating a junk one.. and search for objects that may work today... This may prove to be a bit of a challenge...but it will be fun and to be continued.. To be sure it is absolutely fascinating trying to create from nothing.. Cutlery is always fun for using outdoors..Definitely makes for nontraditional decorating... As I do love doing somewhat something unexpected... It would be easier creating if Tom were interested in more things I love but he is only interested in eating breakfast and going to the golf course every day of the week ... so things that husbands create for their wife's doesn't happen in a workshop here... I am on my own....He does a wonderful job taking care of the yard however and if I have a special project will help me... Last year he worked very hard on landscaping and I so appreciate that.... Oh well... I will spend my time creating a positive attitude and create fun vintage surroundings... It actually becomes more suited for my country living style anyways... I will just enjoy the lavishness in pictures and magazines and be totally happy... As spring marches along I know many of you will be sharing your lovely yards and gardens and will inspire me with your doors and creations.. Well sipping coffee time has ended... I need to let the caffeine absorb and get my "thinking cap" on and enter the joys of the out-of-doors... Hope you all have some time to spend feeling the warming sun on your face and the gentle breezes in your hair...
ps. The above photo is the back deck of the bedroom... I added some solar lights I purchased 75 percent off this week to the trumpet vine and will feature them in some photos in a later post as soon as I get that deck completed ...... The next few days I hope to be able to take my sewing machine outside and complete my pillows out of the cost free grain sacks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spend all winter planning my gardens. When spring comes I try to make some sense of all the notes I made..... I feel like a horse at the starting gate awaiting the warm weather.
Today is another cold day with temps still in the upper 30's & lots of wind so I am going to spend some of the day looking at some books & magazines to inspire my outdoor days!!
Hugs,
Marilyn

Wish on a Whisker said...

Hi Marietta~ I just love your sweet little deck area! A sweet little place to have a lazy day... ~Mandy