Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blessings Are All Around Us

Oh my golly goodness... I wanted sunshine... Oh ... I got sunshine and 90 degree weather in May attached to it.... The last couple days were just not right either.... the days are somewhat misplaced.... This will be the first year we will not have out pool ready to swim in for Memorial Day... We won't be taking that first dip... The water process is slow this year and I just arrived back home from The Water Recreation Store spending more funds on more chemicals... Our youngest grandson was over for a short stay last evening and proclaimed"But it's all GREAN... but it feels like it's time to swim"... If he ask once he ask 15 times how many days yet till he can take that dip... Tom and I sat out under the stars after making supper on the grill... We went to the other grandson's baseball game and before attending I had formed hamburger steaks with seasoning ect. ready to go when we returned... A baked potato and salad finished the meal with a few bing cherries to nibble on....
Your certainly do not have to spend any money to sit outside and enjoy and appreciate searching the skies for the dippers and wondering where the people who are flying in the sky... where they are going... Sitting and relaxing takes us away from our computers and TV's and lets us connect with natural beauty... It is always the best the countryside has to offer... I am always excited to come home to the comfort... I know many would rather be out and about but for me... the years of wisdom obtained makes me know the blessing of having a home for shelter and charm and lovely living is truly a very ,very, large gift...For those who think they must travel, be at resorts and lakes... for whatever reason... those thoughts for me are bittersweet... The only sense of urgency I feel is to be surrounded by my home... Being on the moment, enjoy the breezes, blue skies, birds and always welcome good company... As I know nothing lasts forever... I will lavish in the moments before me now... Blessings... and Enjoy Them... They truly are all around us....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Marietta,
I was thinking this the other day. The older I get the happier I am just being home. I watch as my young adult children want to be on the go all the time and they question me as to why I want to stay home. Oh well, I guess wisdom does come with age. When I was their age I wanted to travel and be busy, busy. One reason I joined the Air Force! Now I know the meaning of "there's no place like home"!
I hope your day is full of many blessings...
Hugs))

Sandi said...

I remember those pool days Marietta! The chemicals to keep them clean are so expensive and the labor to keep them clean...won't even go there. LOL.
Have a lovely and safe Memorial Day weekend!
Blessings~