Sunday, May 16, 2010

Yearning For Outdoor Living


Clyde { My little ole butler} had the glasses iced knowing I would love to retire to the deck for beverages but it again was too cold and windy... It is very gloomy and stormy looking as we are forecast for rains all this week... Very discouraging for the farmers that surround us... The live in the country.... I believe to be more difficult to create a cozy refuge as our spaces are so wide open... The trade off being you an see miles all around you... We all enjoy creating our personal havens... We all enjoy different wants and needs... Tom and I use our back area of our home for all most all of our enjoyment... One in a great while we may sit on the front little porch and watch the cars fly by.... Of course the pool is a large part of enjoyment but we mainly spend time on our deck... It is small but you step out on it right from the kitchen at the same level and it is wonderful for dining.... We usually use it twice a day for dinner and supper and I love to have coffee on lovely mornings... It is so pleasant to use the grill and save the cleaning of the kitchen in the summer months... I have stated before I am limited in using many objects I would desire outside as the wind and elements won't allow it... It is a clean sweep out here...If you reside in the city you may not even be aware of the gentle winds that blow in the country... Whatever areas you have available to you from courtyards. to balconies, terraces, porches, cabanas...these are personal and very special no mater how small or large.. Simple or elegant- privacy seems to take precedence... I love just the gentle sound of a touch of water added to my space.. This sound allowing me to relax.. Of course mine are simply created with by little china dish water fountains. There are many ways to set moods. I also respond to soft lighting.... as it is very relaxing and lovely as you enter onto the evening hours.. I am looking forward to reading and viewing many of your blogs this week and enjoying your private spaces... Looks as though the yearning for outdoor living is going to be put off for another week for us here.... I am wishing you all a pleasant week and I am off to work in my bedroom this morning....

5 comments:

Sandi said...

Oh yes Marietta. Those country winds sure can blow! I have hauled all my plants and flowers in from my front porch more times than I want to count already this year.

Dread the rain coming. We haven't even gotten the yard totally mowed from the other rains. It just doesn't have a chance to dry out first.

Have a beautiful day!!
Blessings~

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You have Clyde and I have Bob...almost just like your guy! Aren't they FUN!!!
The weather is wonderful here...
Deb :)

kathy said...

mARIETTA , AH LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG TOPPER -- WONDERFUL -- wE USED TO HEAR THE SOFT SIGHING OF THE WIND , AND SO LOVE THE GENTLE SWAY OF OUR PORCH SWING -- ALSA OUR COMMUNITY HAS GROWN AND NOW AT CERTAIN TIMES -- SO VERY NOISY -- WISHIN FOR AN BALST BACK TO THE PAST -- ONLY FOR THAT MIND YOU -- WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING --kaTHY - GA ♥

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog you have!! I'm enjoying all your posts.....Kathy

Nina said...

Oh you have a butler!!!! That is so lovely.