Friday, June 11, 2010

What Are Your Treasures?

What is your definition of treasures? Maybe valuables left to you... such as diamonds and gold? Valuable paintings? Sometimes we judge out treasures in different forms... For the most wealthy it is more likely be the riches purchased with large sums of money... Like for many others... I just think of treasures in everyday living... My oldest son got rained out at work today and stopped by and had lunch with us on the deck... I treasure that... The 2 little grandsons came by a couple days ago... I had purchased some cotton candy as I know the one just lovvveessss it... The other one won't touch it... When I brought it out Lances eyes lit up and within a second his cheeks were budging and as he mutters" I'm just that kind of boy" bringing us all to laughter with his joy... You just have to know these two totally different children and Lance is like a payback sort of thing you know... Enjoy them both with their two little personalities....Or maybe another treasure is like mine... Setting aside a couple hours to enjoy writing,reading and leaving comments on your favorite blog sites... How very pleased when you find a very lovely new blog which seems to happen almost on a daily basis... Treasuring meeting new people and establishing new relationships without leaving your home... and who cares if you are not having a good hair day.....
I especially enjoy the blogs sharing vintage romantic decorating as it is my passion... Getting to know ones personality and what different persons regard as their treasures can sometimes be very therapeutic. Persons with inspiration and kid words may just the ticket when you may be having a down day and need a little lift from time to time... Many personalities, free spirit,gardener, baker, artist, decorator, designer, crafter, and composer... seems many of us possess somewhat all these and have the desire to share with others... This is what has become one great treasure for me...

3 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I agree with you..there are so MANY treasures in each day :)
What a wonderful life God has given us with a world of beauty.
Happy weekend.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Lady Farmer said...

I couldn't have said it better! I just love meeting new people here in blogland. And I treasure each and every one of my followers ~ I really don't know why they follow my blog, but I am so glad they do!
Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Marietta,
Oh what a lovely post!
Blogging and meeting kindred spirits is certainly something I treasure each day ~
I'm hoping you have some sunshine in your day today ~
Sending you hugs and many blessings

I love you new background ~ I am in the need for change ~ again!