Monday, July 19, 2010

Musings


A later post today ... I cleaned house this morning and also washed windows in the front as we received a short storm yesterday afternoon with allot of wind... Only about 3/10 's of rain but more than just down the road a mile received however...
I finished a small memo board to be used for my daughters birthday card... Starla's birthday is tomorrow and I wanted a special opportunity to write to her how very proud I am of here as she is getting near completing her education to be a RN... I know it has been a hard struggle for her but I believe she will achieve her dream of helping others.... I wrote what I wanted her to hear and tucked a little gift of money in a small envelope to tuck in the memo board... instead of a traditional card... Many years past all the presents were kept small as back in my days cake and ice cream and family was your celebration and I wouldn't change that for the world..... Giving of ones self is what we need to be teaching our children of today who expect a big red bow tied around their new car they receive for their birthday.... Do you have someone in your family that you are especially proud of ???? Just a small note of inspiration today to encourage you to let that special someone know how you feel..... We tend to put those things off and they are ever so important.... More than the wrapped present... Blessings.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now-a-days parents rent halls & pools & who-knows-what for their little kids parties.
When I was a little girl we had family & maybe your best friend over for cake & ice cream.
Simple is better in my opinion!!
Have a Wonderful Week!
Love,
Marilyn

Sandi said...

What a neat idea Marietta! I will have to steal this one for future use. LOL

The barns were at the intersection just south of Bryan. I just fell in love with them and would like to have taken a lot more photos. Someday...

The Creative Bohemian said...

What a lovely idea, Marietta. I would love to give something like that to my mom. She would appreciate it more than anyone.

Diane

The Feathered Nest said...

What a beautiful gift Marietta! I know you must be so very proud of your daughter's accomplishment...and this is a gorgeous keepsake for her to have from you sweet friend! I hope you are staying cool and doing wonderful ~ hugs and love, Dawn