Friday, July 16, 2010

Pleasures

What is it that brings you pleasures in collecting? For many years I just loved many, many lovely objects... I found myself drawn to lovely objects of the past.. China with stunning pink roses, mainly plates and sugar and creamers... Now that I realize I have more than many pieces for a charming setting if a guest or two arrive for a special outing... I may swoon but I don't buy... I have bargained with myself and have come to the conclusion I will buy papers and junk jewelry for creating altered art... I will still buy a lovely beaded purse once or twice a year to add to my collection... a lovely perfume bottle and possibly a lovely jar or glass cloche... If I allow myself to purchase the pleasures once in awhile it will secure the fix I need for the love of timeworn... Since I do love these objects ... I feel once in a blue moon would be ok... I am focusing on the gift of everyday life as my most valued possession..... Once in awhile we have to treat ourselves or we do fall into a slump... It becomes wonderful when we realize family and friends are far more creative and important that sitting in front of a TV... Beautifying our homes to share only brings the pleasures stronger.
A cottage like coziness makes for wonderful pleasures for all. I tried very hard this spring to plant lovely welcoming flowers and plants and at this time period find myself rather disappointed with the results. The excess heat of the summer has been very hard on them and oh no to mention the bunnies have chomped them down to bits... Yesterday I found my springri plant chomped... my goodness this plant has thorns in it... Lot of the time they just snap it off and let them lay... Other insects have started in also so I guess all this is beyond my control... I look at the different varies of grasses we have planted and not much seems to bother them so maybe a few more of those next year will be of choice... and let the elements be what they are and not fret over it... The flowers will die when Jack Frost comes to visit anyway so ..... thoughts of things more romantic shall become in my mind... I need to remember life as a picnic... and to be enjoyed... not in stressed out mode...
I think most positive we all need to let our homes be our dream destination. Sometimes we desire too much. Making decisions to have our homes bring our pleasures just can't be a miss. My heart sinks when I think or hear of others whom have lost their homes for some sort of reason... In my world my home is h biggest part of life... The gentle spaces of comfort when we are tired and hungry ... There is little other feeling that compares to having a lovely home surround you.... so making this the center of your life makes sense to me... Adding lovely objects of pleasure just makes it all complete...
Hope you all have a wonderful day and get time to enjoy your home... As the heat is once again suppose to swell the next few days I will be looking for the shelter of my home to keep me comfortable.....

No comments: