Thursday, July 8, 2010

Savoring Personal Pleasures

Once again found myself on the golf course making my match for this coming Tues. up in the extreme heat... I jumped in the pool upon my return home... I just placed a kettle of picked green beans from our garden on to cook with a pound of chopped fried bacon for our supper... will whip up some potatoes after a bit... and grill some buttered french bread...
The skies are looking like we could get some rain as the hazy and hot continues....
My body is telling me to slow down and I need to listen to it... My doctor has warned me of that... I was going to try to work on a couple loads of laundry and a few more chores this afternoon but..... my body is called for me to lay down for a period... My mind confuses my body as it says "yes, you can" and the body says " oh no, I'm not going there".. I guess naps are a part of savoring summer living... I am learning to not feel so bad when I have to do this ..... In my younger years I would just keep going... If I am rested maybe my mind will release some inner creativity.
My personal life... I don't have allot of excess baggage as many seem to... My life is kinda a open book for all to read.. I know who I am and I am willing to share that with others... Life is a bit like decorating... we have to use what is available to us... and maybe not try measuring up with others.. Just enjoy what we have.. I guess you can say I am a natural... My hair has been let go to the grey and I am very comfortable with that... and I do not wear make-up but boy do I love to soak in bath oils and run on body cremes... and just savor my time at home.....

No comments: