Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Message In A Bottle


The sun is rising- the leaves are softly making their floating journey to the earth... Temps are suppose to rise to close to 90 degrees today.... It looks to be another day of harvest as farmers are busy pickin' and shellin' surrounding us... It is most definitely getting to be bittersweet time... Yesterday I made a batch of butter frosted old fashion dark molasses cookies. Just seemed like the perfect thing to do for the season and oh it was... yummy...
If I could personally send you all a message in a bottle ... it would say to you to "Enjoy life and all it's little blessings of family and friends"... We yet again this week will be making our way to the funeral home as we have lost another long time friend, neighbor and parishioner....
As the air starts to hint winter is approaching so should our thoughts of family, home, and holidays. As we ease our way into autumn we are enjoying what we know will be our last wonderful days spend out of doors... You don't need a fairy godmother to transform your homes into the magic in the air.. Just find inspiration and run with it... I love setting soft moods... I love fairytale pretty, soft creamy colors but sprinkled with glitter and vintage jewels, buttons and baubles... Inspiration of silver will be used to tuck in existing silver vignettes as shown above... Vintage aged book pages will also be planned for tucking and ornaments....I have been using torn vintage book pages as place mats... Can be discarded if needed... I love the look...
Remember it's not about everything being perfect... It's about the memories and feelings... There need not be perfect homes or perfect lives but just the wisdom to enjoy them.... This is my message in a bottle sent to you by way of internet today...

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Love your message in a bottle to us today Marietta. So sorry about another loss of a friend. Prayers for you.
Blessings~

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

And it is a sweet message!~Hugs, Patti

Unknown said...

Your posts are always so inspiring. Just what I need to hear many many times! Just love the sweet little vignettes that you created in your pics.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful ~ I especailly love the candleabra.
Yum, molasses cookies. I love gingerbread too
This is such a beautiful post Marietta. Talking of fairytales this time of year always makes me think of Cinderella. I like to watch the movie in the fall too ~ I guess it's the pumpkin coach!
If I get some little pumpkins I might just decorate for autumn with a Cinderella theme. Your posts are always so inspiring ~
Hugs))