Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Beautiful Surroundings.. Yet Thoughts Of Home

Picture taken on Broadway... As Beautiful as it is in my current surroundings as we journey through the week.. my thoughts still tend to travel back to my home... It will soon be time to decorate for Christmas as I am one of these early get it completed type a person... It comes from the designer background and early planning for retail sales in a gift and floral shop... You were gift market shopping for the holidays as soon as January it again for coming year... I usually make some new tags or something different for new eye candy for my little tree and will try to do so upon my return home... Always feeling of gifts to be made and give with love at the holidays... I love the fact that bloggers share their inspiring stories and lovely creations and beautiful homes.... making not a difference to the amount of space as long as the efforts are transformed into something magical, making a lovely space to dwell and to visit... Of course among all my aged pages and vintage finds must be sprinklings of glamour and glitter... I have decided maybe a touch more gingerbread to my kitchen this year as I was sorting through Christmas and found a generous amount of gingerbread ornies that were purchased at wholesales prices when shopping marts and are still very nice and not ready to part with them... I do so love gingerbread for Christmas.... and the winter season...
I have missed being creative the past couple weeks... Yesterday it seems all I accomplished is getting wet... Water every which way... Started with a early morning shower... a walk in the ocean water.... a dip in the pool... a dip in one of the hot tubs... a cool down back in the pool ... lay in the sun... a dip in the pool... a lay in the sun... a dip in the pool... I think you are getting the picture....
Wishing you all could have a place to escape to that melts your stress away and have a serene scene... This is not a real quiet resort as there is allot of action from early morning the cleaning of the swimming pools and lounging areas... hose downs and helpers everywhere... all making ready for the busy day ahead... While all this is a totally different life style... a desire for my own surroundings and style still lurks inside me... Dining has been pleasurable but you do wait a while to be seated everywhere you go... Last evening was seafood... I enjoyed hush puppies... salad... baked potato... and deep fried shrimp... When we have been programed to prepare food for ourselves for many, many years, some nights after eating out becomes a real challenge what to order... Well for a few more days the fairy tale continues but I will not be disappointed to come back to my real life and my home... Tomorrow evening we will be meeting Tom's niece and her husband in Conway... just a few miles from here ..to enjoy supper with them... They are both school teachers in the area... Blessings wished for all of you as you travel through your week....

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Sounds like you are having a relaxing time Marietta dipping in the pool and all. I understand thoughts of home though too. I am definitely a homebody! Enjoy the rest of your stay.
Blessings~

Shopgirl said...

you are a nester, so am I. It is fun to go somewhere, but I am always so glad to get back home.
I went back to peak at some of the things I have missed. I love the...
Take a Old bag shopping tote you made. If you do not mind, I might try to make one for Bazaar, but it could be that I make one just for me??? Loads of Love, Mary