Saturday, October 23, 2010

Brown Bags

While visiting the net I found this interesting project on http://www.re-nest.com/
What a great look and budget friendly project.. Brown paper bas... or contractors brown paper... Wouldn't this be great in a shed that you wanted to make into a studio or special area for yourself... Oh I so wish I had a place to make this happen... They started by ripping bags into shapes... After a totally cleaned floor they secured the paper down with 50-50 part of water and Elmer's white glue of which you can purchase by the gallons.... After drying they used the protection coat of Rust-Oleums Verathane Diamon Floor Finish... which is a type of polyurethane... Directions may be found on http://www.yankeemagazine.com/... Table tops and other objects may be finished with the same technique... Let your imagination explore....

And of course there is always the simple brown bag gingerbread ornies to be cut and sewed or glued to make sweet treats for your decorating... you can free hand a pattern or many are available on the net or just use a gingerbread cookie cutter for a pattern... I always like mine to be pleasantly plump...I also found a really sweet site to share on gingerbread http://www.teachingheart.net/ for inspiration.. pattern and decorating and projects for children....for the gingerbread go under holiday...... take a look.....



5 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

I love this idea! Although hubby would never go for it on the floor, I can see using it, like you said, for tabletops and many other things. I have seen it as a wall covering to resemble leather!
Yum! Gingerbread!
;~P

Lady Farmer said...

I love this idea! Although hubby would never go for it on the floor, I can see using it, like you said, for tabletops and many other things. I have seen it as a wall covering to resemble leather!
Yum! Gingerbread!
;~P

time worn interiors said...

Loving those floors!
Theresa
aka:TOT

Sandi said...

This is the coolest idea Marietta!! I will have to check that site out asap!
Blessings~

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these fun sites with us Marietta. The floor idea is superb I think!
Have a great Sunday, Ira