Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ramblings

I like many of you seem to be trying to catch up after a very lovely Thanksgiving holiday celebration.. We were so fortunate to be able to spend time with all our children and almost all the grandchildren.... After returning home from church this morning Tom wanted breakfast and I have just placed a kettle of chili on for our supper after we return home from a younger grandson's basketball game this afternoon that we will attend... I told him I wanted something very simple this evening for our lunch.... Seems as though I get to where I can't think of taking take another item to eat after all the feasting..... It was once again a very nice family time....
Tomorrow will enter into a time where we think of the main holiday of the year... Christmas..... Most traditions are very pleasurable! One of my most favorite is still the sending of Christmas cards with a special little hand written note to each family enclosed... This is a very special way of sending best wishes to someone you may not see that often or someone you just wish to send special wishes... A lovely card can bring one joy and something to hold in his hand... This tradition has continued every year and I look forward to sitting down and hand writing and sealing each and every card with special thoughts to all. A card to the receiver can be a pleasant surprise whether it be for the holiday season or just a ordinary day.... We traveled to Indianapolis on Friday to be with Tom's side of the family and I saw many decorations and trees in homes .... stores dressed in their finest to lure you in to take a peek and hopefully seek.... As many return to the work force tomorrow my hopes are that you take time to enjoy the coming days....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are at the point of being sick of leftovers, but still grateful to have them!
Today I will venture up to the attic and bring down a few decorations. I have the feeling Christmas will come fast upon us!
Hugs))

The Tin Rabbit said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! Now on to Christmas decorating! Love your pretty picture!