Sunday, January 30, 2011

Comfort Is Bliss


I saw a sign in Romantic Homes magazine that said " Spend It Like You Got It"... Now that's a real way to cause yourself some stress.
I truly believe the wisdom of the years past has taught me this process will cause you nothing but un-needed "stuff" and create many headaches. I would rather just think of life as a bunch of desserts... Ones baked with love and nourishment already paid for. For my special dessert I got out my trusty old iron skillet for baking and whipped up a pineapple upside down cake... for after supper dessert this evening. Today will only be 2 meals served as we just finished a rather large breakfast after coming home from mass. Bacon.. fresh fried potatoes and fried corn mush with syrup was served for breakfast ... As soon as the cake came out and I snapped a couple pics.. I placed a pan of country style ribs in for supper which will later have BBQ sauce applied after starting to fall apart...Cream potatoes and candies carrots will also be served... Like any devoted woman it is very important to me to serve delicious meals.. And for another, we really enjoy them and find when sometime dining out we are disappointed many times.. I love the aromas in the home all the day cooking and baking on a day of rest... Makes a house just more of a home.. The warmth and feeling of bliss has been hanging around as I have be creating Valentines for loved ones the past couple days after daily chores are done. After all, showing our love is what matters the very most.. When this is your feeling... warmth, welcoming and personal atmosphere dwells to all that come there. Achieving this becomes very enjoyable to you and others. Comfort is important.. What are you doing today to add to the comfort of life?


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can almost smell and taste that delicious cake of yours Marietta! It looks so yummie! I couldn't agree with you more, there is something definitely very homely about cooking and baking yourself. Nothing beats a good home cooked meal! Have a great Sunday, take care, Ira

Anonymous said...

Dear Marietta,
I'm sorry I missed breakfast, can I stop by for dinner??
I love to smell something cooking and baking througout the home. We don't go out to eat very often because of the expense and like you mentioned coming away disappointed.
I was just thinking about what to make for dinner. The husband is sick, so he just wants soup. The boys don't really care, they eat anything. I'm thinking of baking some chicken and making mashed potatoes and green beans. Comfort food for a gloomy day. Right now I am baking a batch of oatmeal cookies. Gotta keep that cookie jar filled!
Hope your day is lovely...
Hugs))

Miss Gracie's House said...

I cringed too...not the way I want to do business or live for that matter! I love pineapple-upside down cake...never made it in cast iron before...bet that makes it even more yummy...gonna have to try it! Have a great Sunday!
Rene

Sandi said...

The cake looks yummy Marietta! I don't know if I have ever made a pineapple upside cake. If I have it was years ago. Enjoy your comfort now as we are supposed to get a LOT of snow. Ugh! NOT looking forward to that.
Blessings~

Queen Bee's Musings said...

That cake looks so yummy... I have not made one for and forgot how wonderful it tastes. Would you mind sharing the recipe? Your skillet looks like my favorite cooking one.
Blessings to you. Enjoy