Saturday, January 22, 2011

Opps... Not By Design


You know those little things in life that just happen ???? I had to just smile and carry on with this one... I baked the cake and it was lovely and nice and brown and checked it with the toothpick and touch of the finger so naturally I took it from the oven... turned my back and a instant swimming pool for the little doll I had planned on placing on the cake.... Olivia loves the water so I thought the little doll would be cute for her to take swimming...I think the sink hole space will be fill with light blue frosting... I am still rather chuckling as I have had this happen before when you want it to be extra special... Usually there is a crack down the center or something.... Well I told you the best things in life are free... This one was good for a laugh! Have a nice weekend.....

4 comments:

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

That is PERFECT then..you have a little "lake" for her to swim in.
Kids love the extra frosting too.

Oh...can you give me a quick lesson on HOW to put the "blogs I follow" on my sidebar...so that when a blogger shows up..it is put at the top.. I don't even know how to get the blogers addy on there with a photo.
OR just to be able put the blogs only...that I follow with blog photo like you have.
Thanks, Rose

Unknown said...

Well Marietta, your idea for the cake is absolutely lovely with the doll in the middle, oh it doesn't matter whether there's a dent or not, as long as the taste is good! And it looks yummie!! Have a happy day!!

teri said...

I just baked cookies, forgetting the soda and salt....oops! Must be the moon in line with Martha Stewart.

Tracy said...

I've actually never had that happen. I thought it was a myth that cakes 'drop' expecially if you slammed the over door so you taught me something today!
I hope I don't have to recall that info. ever...