Monday, January 10, 2011

To Town We Go

Tom and I will travel to Defiance in a hour or so to purchase some groceries... Our forecast here in Ohio is for snow to set in tomorrow and mother Hubbard's cupboard is in need of restocking some items.... I have my list and I've checked it twice.... I had a pot roast... carrots and potatoes for our dinner last evening and I made it into vegetable soup with the addition of corn.. green beans... tomatoes...peas... rice.. and barley and seasoning.... We are about to partake of this for lunch and venture off... It is very cold here also... It was a pretty quiet weekend and I didn't create anything so I do not have much to share... Saturday night was a very nice time and we had delicious food... I had a Breaded deep fried chicken breast with raspberry pecan sauce on top... rice pilaf... noodles Alfredo and a salad with the best of the best poppy seed dressing and homemade bread... It was wonderful...I am going to go on line and see if I can find a recipe similar to this dressing... It had some form of horseradish in it if through mustard maybe.... Luscious... We Tom said soup is on.... Will post tomorrow when our snow is suppose to be flying... Have a wonderful day... pic from http://www.soderbergagentur.com... Isn't it too cute.....

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Marietta,
My mom told me that we have had more snow here in the south then you all have had in Ohio. I really think that is true.

The poppyseed dressing sounds yummy! If you find something similar, could you post it? love various salad dressings....stay warm!

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Just the winter weather for eating well. Sounds yummy. My daughter has been cooking delicious meals while have been recouperating from surgery.

Vintage Gal said...

The poppyseed dressing sounds yummy! Bundle up, stay warm...sounds like a hot chocolate day :-)
Marainne