Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Adding A Touch of Vintage Romance





The sun is shinning bright as our temps are forecast to rise above freezing today and through out the week. Our white blanketed fields are showing touches of bare earth as the melt down continues.. I have plans on making a few vignette changes today and through out the week... I changed the one glass cloche this morning and have shared a couple pics with you... This cloche I tucked in one of the altered art book covers I created a week or so ago.. It turned out charming and in my style so I am pleased with it and will enjoy looking at it ... Surrounded by my vintage and timeworn I will make more changes... Within most of us there is a need or desire to dance to our our song and that stirs desires to inspire. In my country comforts everyday dreams come true with the use of Victorian dreams and vintage chippy and french papers and memories.. at this little abode I call home I have as of late been inspired by using french kissed objects or creations that I have viewed in Jeanne d Ark magazines... or other bloggers that are using that appeal... I just adore all things lovely of which I know we all see differently... What I may see as lovely and having wonderful charm another may view as junk... This is more than OK with me as I decorate for myself and if other happen to enjoy it ... wonderful... Romance is our own interpretation for each one of us.... I am off to add a little more romance in my style....

5 comments:

Queen Bee's Musings said...

I live your intepretations. They are beautiful thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Your cloche looks absolutely darling Marietta and you're right, decorating is something you do because YOU like it, but I happen to love this style, too :-) Have a great day, Ira

Olivia said...

Ohhhh, I am in love with your cloche and touches of vintage! Divinely romantic!
Hugs,
Olivia

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Very pretty vignettes! I love your antique perfume bottles! I love your style!~Hugs, Patti

The Tin Rabbit said...

Precious! I love the arrangement in this cloche! SO vintage and perfect! I've been catching up on all your post! Hope you are doing great!