Monday, February 14, 2011

Back To A Slower Pace

Hope you are all enjoying a Happy Valentines Day.... Ahhh... it back to a slower pace here .... Weekend was rather busy and full of events ending last evening with a parish appreciation dinner catered with a lovely meal.. appetizers... and beverages... and conversation with friends and neighbors... Very nice..
Tom and I were off to town as I was in need of my meds..{ my Valentines present} and completed a couple other chores and stopped at the meat market... I wanted a couple nice pork tenderettes for tonight's supper for us... I bread them by scrambling a egg and rolling them in a mixture of crushed potato chips and cracker and frying very slow in skillet till golden brown... Oh yummmm... All my Valentines I made were delivered by mail or by me last evening....
I will be taking down and storing winter decoration displayed in my home this week.. Ready for some new eye candy... Time to play " dress up" with my home.. Always the desire to add comfort but irresistibly romantic but filled with things I love.. linens and burlap's have become quite popular with many in decorating styles as of recent. Ruffles and chandeliers have become equally desired. No matter what your style a cozy corner all your own is always desirable. This may be a might bit harder to achieve when working with a extremely light budget but also I still love a challenge and find it rather rewarding to accomplish with creating and inspiration of others... Looking for diamonds in the rough is delightful! Tarnished and tattered with a touch of class makes for charming.. It's a personal choice and love... Creamy as whipped cream.....

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Hello! I do hope you find that once your decorations are down, the warm air will return to your home :) Acutally I went and picked up medicine for a friend who had surgery and when I dropped it off she still had her snowman flag out. I told her if it snows again, it is allher fault for having that up still and inviting the flakes!
Happy day!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

We are enjoying a quiet Valentine's Day. I have a beef roast in the oven with carrots and potatoes and fresh asparagus ready to steam. Chocolate cookies for dessert. It's just about time to take it out of the oven! Enjoy your evening!~Hugs, Patti

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Can't wait to.see your change in decor.