Thursday, February 17, 2011

Salvaged Treasures


The snow continues to melt in our area of Ohio and my desires are continuing to soar to bring a freshness to my surroundings. Aged patinas bring me bliss. Thoughts of bisque, creams, toast, wheat's, and a delicious au lait enter my thoughts creating beauty. In a time for many when the pace of life is intense I still crave relaxing where you are allowed to take deep breathes... crystals, chandelier, buttons of vintage lovely, grain sacks, cloches, old books, lovely perfume bottles, the glam of rhinestone jewelry, and old photos are all staples here. Lovely salvaged treasures are contents of charm... Over a time period my passions and loves have changed I must admit. While I appreciate really fine pieces, I can be charmed to be just as happy and pleased with a little piece of chippy, maybe not so desirable to some.... set it next to a piece of glam and I have a perfect marriage... I think this does require a technique however... Aged to perfection pieces used in a way they were not intended , this shouts appeal and creativity that I so much enjoy...
I am off to clean yet another snowy mess but this one of the artificial source... I removed a heavily flocked evergreen garland from the little antique stove I possess and of my the droppings.... One more piece of winter to be placed in storage as my thoughts continue more toward spring and all season for decorating.. In the above pics I have featured a couple vintage pieces I sorted from the junk jewelry lot I purchased for altered art work.. I have shown a lovely little rhinestone earring that lost it's partner and awaits marriage to another object... I lovely little rhinestone buckle was also found .... I will find special places for the two little vintage pieces to strut their stuff. I so love small embellishments!!!!!!

4 comments:

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Beautiful that I concur. Thanks for the tips on cloches.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

It is a glorious day today! The temperatures are so warm! I think this is all a tease of what is to come soon, I hope! One of these days I want to pick up some old jewelry at some garage sales and do what you do with your altered art! I hope I can be at least a little bit as creative as you are with yours!~Hugs, Patti

Miss Gracie's House said...

such sweet treasures...and I love how you *marry* them all...I especially love the cloches. Have a great day!
Rene

Sandi said...

Isn't it great how much joy the little things can bring us? Love your treasures!