Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Easter Inspiration




Just one more day and April is upon us.... I thought I would share some thoughts and ideas today as we gather in inspiration for our spring decorating... Glittered, ribboned, or stenciled eggs are all lovely ways to embellish eggs... How about a vintage brooch, earring or buttons?


Dying brown eggs is a lovely option for myself as I enjoy more muted colors... The brown egg offers this option. I have read you can also achieve this with white eggs soaked in strong coffee... I have however used beet juice to achieve pink... as a neutral dye... I also use non toxic marker to write names... maybe this year it will be just French words... Another really clever budget ... no cost... if you wish little stands for your eggs... cut a toilet paper roll in about 2 inch or so parts... maybe cover with aged old book page... The eggs set quite well in the paper holder... This can be used for decorating or makes a lovely favor at the table... Let your imagination soar... It is always fun to think out of the box....


I have some great sites to share with you on eggs.... The above pics were taken form a couple of them....








Do you know? The egg hunt { always a favorite at our house} originated in Germany.. The legend states a white hare spends Easter Eve hiding eggs to be found the next day by good children....

No comments: