Friday, April 1, 2011

Life Is Compiled Of A Big Mix

Life is compiled of a big mix... personalities, wants, needs and desires... Just like combining the old and the new. It is wonderful when they all work together.. As we suffer wear and tear, so does our belongings... As we do not want to be replaced... so does my desire to repurpose and the love of old come to mind..along with a touch of new... We should all do what brings a smile to our face... It is that touch of personality with a sentiment that creates something very special. I seem to have a hard time keeping my eyes and hands off the love of using old books and lovely papers. I am so attracted to them and using them in unexpected ways. For me it is not the bold and beautiful that attracts my eye..It is the shade of old papers and coffee lattes... Yum.. Natural elements have such a charming appeal.. It is true with people also, isn't it? People being natural... being true to themselves and who they are... Many times we are drawn to things we grew up with because they are comfortable... These objects pull at our heart strings... because most of the time we remember with fondness, and we all know that memories always seem to come shinning through. With this big mix of colors, sizes, shapes in people, places, and things , one thing remains and that is to be true to you.. Do things that make you happy.....

4 comments:

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Lovely post I always enjoy your insight post and thoughts.

Unknown said...

You wrote another beautiful post today Marietta. I have the same fondness of books, I simply cannot go past an ancient library without visiting it. All that knowledge and the question who wrote what? What kind of life did the author lead, what was on his or her mind when writing it. These are things that I can really ponder upon. I have never really understood why it seems so difficult for some people to be true to themselves, apart from people that have good reason to hide certain things, an abusive childhood for instance. I know people who've had a rough ordeal, some have chosen the positive path, others have decided against it. This must have something to do with who we really are I suppose. Life can be so easy and so rough at times, it's up to us how to deal with these situations. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading your post today and hope you have a lovely weekend!

Anonymous said...

As always ...Beautiful post.
This week I began cleaning after the last of our children, finally after 39 years, moved out. I went thru a box that had some baby blankets. Two of them are embroidered by me some 40 years ago. After a tear or two I have been thinking of repurposing them by cutting them up & doing a crazy quilt type of pillow for my bedas they are not in good condition. We will see..... Maybe worthy of a future blog post!!
Have A Wonderful Weekend!!
Marilyn

Shopgirl said...

you write so well, I have to catch up the computer got sick so i have been away. Have a lovely weekend. Mary