Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wishes For Extented Outdoor Space....

Oh the lovely color that comes with outdoor spaces.. I loved this pic that is from http//www.victoriamagazine.com and was taken in Nantucket... Does the town just look very quaint and inviting?????


This lovely intimate space pic was from http://www.ehow.com/




The sun came out yesterday afternoon with a slight chill in the air, but it was still ever so nice to get out of doors... This morning the sun hasn't shown it face yet but no rain is fore casted and it is the first morning in weeks that water hasn't been laying everywhere... Oh I am so hoping we get a break and everything gets dried out...


May is planting and bedding plant month here in our area of Ohio but seems it will be delayed a couple weeks due to our exceptionally wet spring... It is a busy season but encourages us to take some time and spend with the earth.. It is just such a peaceful and blessed place to be and once again reminds me how very blessed we are to have acreage... It does restore your soul, walking on your own land...


I personally do not have a gazebo shaded by trailing vines but I love them and the allure of the quiet romantic setting.. as shown in the above pic... Tom ripped out my large vining trumpet vine last fall when we had problems with the tree roots in the septic tank... I don't believe the vine was the problem but in his eyes it had to go.{ What is it about guys and a vining plant? } He doesn't like my ivy out front either... I could understand if it was growing all over the house that does damage but.... I will have to find a replacement as the hummingbird that comes every year will wonder what happened as he swarmed it every year.. I will be only cleaning up the back area as we know at some time period this summer we will be totally ripped up taking out the old in ground pool... Most everything in the workers path will most likely be no more... This will most likely be late summer, I am sure they have been delayed with the starting of pools they are to build this summer with the weeks of extreme rain we have experienced. We will just have to see how it goes.


I will be looking for a couple objects however that may be refurbished and tucked into the yard area for summer... Some of the most romantic spaces can be found in the outdoor areas... Old canning jars can be quite striking when used as vessels for cuttings...candles.. or tied to fences and post or just buried half in the ground... instead of just being disposed of... Wind chimes of old retro objects can easily be strung and hung... Many objects can be taken to outdoor spaces but not your cherished ones... They need to remain in the home and be taken care of with the way they are accustomed to. or many of you, your outdoor space may be sheltered and you can have lovely items but for myself and the country space they must have endurance as the elements are very strong... I am excited as you can most likely tell about hopefully soon being able to set up my outdoor areas.. I love extended living space so very much... especially after a long hard winter... Wishes send your way for a blessed and wonderful weekend... Mine promises to be more relaxing after last weekend of cooking and entertaining for Easter and family.....




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the sun is finally showing its face ;-) Once spring starts I find it's always quite easy to do some garden decorating, some nice wicker baskets that are stashed in the barn are taken out again, dried and painted in a nice colour, put some nice plants inside and voilĂ , quite a make-over already! Or how about an old teapot or teacup, these can easily be turned into a little birdhouse! You'll come up with something nice Marietta, I'm sure! Have a lovely weekend, Ira

victorian parlor II said...

The pictures are lovely-it makes me yearn for outdoor time in the garden:). I like the idea you shared about the Mason jars-I might try that this summer.

Blessings,

Kim