Friday, May 20, 2011

Altered Art Cards


























































Sharing a short post with you this morning as I am in total bliss as the sun is shining , the birds are singing and tugging at the ground... I cannot work in the gardens but I can work on the porch and decks as the sun and breeze is drying them off.... While you may be out shopping at sales and thrifts stores and high end shoppes I have made myself content to continue to shop my house... This morning I have shared just as few of the cards I have created over the past week... Snippets and lovely papers and photos and buttons and junk jewelry were all used in a re-purpose way... My style... Old dictionary pages were used for the graduation cards... along with hand written words of inspiration... I still love hand-written as it seems so much more personal in my eyes... Little objects of the graduates accomplishments will tumble out as confetti as they open them.... I have shown you 2 graduations cards and a birthday card.... The other cards I construction very similar but different....

Re-purpose remains first on our list it seems for many of us... I really don't know of too many objects that can't be given a face lift of some kind... When creating or decorating what makes it so special is personal expression... Making it in our style.... Not being afraid to create.... As we know in the past, objects were made for a specific purpose... Many times we find something that speaks to us... It's time to be thrifty and turn what we already have into treasures as our economy is struggling and the fuel is soaring ... we need to train yourself that it doesn't have to be expensive or complicated... Having the capabilities of doing this is a wonderful stress reliever.... It also creates great conversation pieces and eye candy for the eyes... Sending wishes for a lovely weekend...














6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do that too, shop around the house all the time. I repurpose objects, move things around...create vignettes and what not corners!

Love your Art Cards! So vintagely delicious!

Ciao Bella!

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Sheila A. said...

These cards are wonderful, just my style. And I read every word of your post...equally wonderful.
I shop around my house also! It's fun.

Unknown said...

Oh, you've been busy creating indeed Marietta! Your cards look stunning, love all these vintage images, they're so much fun to work with! I prefer that, too, but not all of the recipients that I create for care for vintage, alas... So I try to look at the person for whom the card is intended and take it from there. Have a happy weekend, hope you get some sun!

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Marietta!!! I love your beautiful handmade cards ~ each and every element is wonderfully thoughtful to me. And your penmanship!!!! GORGEOUS! I too have been creating from my stash...good thing I love stashing, right? Have a beautiful weekend sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Much truth in this post. Sadly, there are so many who don't appreciate repurposed items. Some people truly think that if it isn't new and expensive it isn't worth having and I find that a very sad way of thinking. Of course, I am driving myself crazy with everything I am saving to repurpose and not finding enough time to craft and send it off to a new home. Oh well! I do what I can. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

Miss Gracie's House said...

Sweet cards...love the boy and girl by the tree...and *shopping th house* is the best kind of shopping:)
Have a great day...
Rene