Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Bit Of A Cool Down









A bit of a cool down took place today and it was a nice treat as yesterday the only thing saving was the winds as the temps soared into the high 90"s.. Although there is no place quite like home yesterday around here was a bit like a zoo... They were so many people here swimming and running in and out I needed a conductor... Today I have worked my way through some cleaning and chores and enjoyed the more calm day... A summer seems to be stepping into full gear it seems like time for my home is becoming less. The battle of keeping everything up has become much more...






Decorating is a journey and you want to accomplish it with sentiment.. Items maybe chosen from long ago and will be different for everyone and that is what makes each home so unique.. Out home welcomes others with comfort, inviting aromas, and the familiarity it offers...






My love for strong but battered book have become a very desired object for me... I love them with the covers... without the covers... just setting around or stripped and used in altered art... I believe the french books are becoming more desired { at lest by me} and it seems they are becoming harder and more expensive to find... The use of any object can be lovely but always seems to be more so when reflected with mirrors that gives more charm and reflection.... As the heat intensifies it seems by desire for decorating inside the home lessons until the change to a warmer deeper color occurs as fall approaches... I believe it is because of the outdoor spaces and the extra cleaning and watering that takes place... Whatever takes place I know that it happens all too quickly and the fall will be upon us soon once again... I would like to plan to have a couple friends over for a garden lunch or late brunch... I had saved this pictured and believe it to be from http://www.thesweetestoccasion.com/
Back drops for serving simple little parties can easily be added if you need a special place to serve from.... In the above pic the backdrop is a lovely lace curtain but easily could be a netting... Hope you have some sort of lovely occasion you may be planning to share with a couple friends or maybe your someone special.... The little brown sack with the white paper doily also from the same site ... What a simple sweet way to have a sandwich ready for our occasions... Your sandwich and even chip can be made ahead and tucked in fridge till time .... I love this cake and the pic is from http://iammommy.typepad.com/ a site for beautiful cakes....






No comments: