Friday, June 17, 2011

Letting Off Media Flustrations and Everyday Findings

Architectural salvage, and rummage sale finds are so much fun to create with and also justifies all our buying of beautiful old stuff.. I love viewing and find myself very impresses by ones who dream of ways to turn old trinkets into treasures...
     Living in country surroundings seems to invite objects to show off in the countryside in its natural state.... The other evening when driving home through Indiana we traveled past many, many. beautiful homes... very very large homes... Tom and I both noticed that every single one had mega lights, lighting up and showing off their homes... One home we passed had 20 post lights leading up the long lane to the home and many lights showing off the home... Ya know, Tom and I made it into our lane just fine with just the use of our headlights of our car... Little solar light lined our sidewalk to the front door... I have never used as many light in the inside of our home as one of those home did on the outside for no reason....  Then when the summer months are here the utility companies want use to cut down our usage and we that use a meager fan to keep ourselves cool need to apply... Go figure...  What is all that worth? I don't believe I have ever read it in God's teaching.... I am thinking the teachings read more like the modern day sharing if a simple glass of lemonade to quench one's thirst offered to a neighbor, friend or family to apply.... Not trophy homes of such magnitude... Back to the days when home were not a trophy but spent with the essence of long and lazy summer days... not to mention the acreage of grass that is to be tended and the amount of fuel being sucked up by these trophy places... I ask myself... Are they getting way more than their share and will there be any left for others in the future.... The hugh have to have kitchens... that when interviewed they admit they don't cook a meal in their home... " The Ritz we ain't' here" but we do cook and we do share... Simple down on the farm, satisfying dishes... So very many of us are so content to surround our self with aged perfection... the romance of a home that within offers the perfect touches of graciousness... It is the best of both  worlds and not the feeling of taking from others...
    Then there is the 57,000 foot mansion just purchase for 150 million dollars by a 22 year old heiress.. Oh by the way, she does have another home that was purchased for 56 million... Chances are many rooms are still further needed in luxury hotels etc... This media reports among many others are very heart wrenching for me as my heart cries out to many who have tarnished silver spoons in their mouths due to many different events... I know I am not to question but I have to honestly say " I still do not understand after all these years"... For Tom and I .... we are very comfortable with the everyday meager life { Oh, a Labron quote, of late} that we worked so very hard for...  Then you read yesterday of the billions of social security dollars that were paid out to ones who weren't deserving... and the other headline we will be paying Weiner a nice living for all is communications and pictures some taken in the exclusive gym paid for by tax payers... and oh yes.... I do know I need to stay away from the media and news reports for awhile as they are robbing my blessings and peaceful way of thinking away from me...I have made myself a promise this very moment to take a peaceful walk and have talk to the heavens above.... I hope you all have the blessings you need .... The sweet little dishes with the knobs are from http://www.oldhouseweb.com/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope I'm able to leave you a comment now Marietta, I always love visiting you and read what you have to say. Your last post goes straight to my heart, yes, you're so right, sadly enough things are not too well divided in this world... I have to admit I don't mind people having lots of assets, as long as they're satisfied with it and realize it doesn't go without saying. Wouldn't want to trade with any of them by the way, when you're that wealthy you think you have all of the freedom you can get, whereas you will end up being imprisoned by your own money (locked up behind huge gates, alarm systems having to be installed, a house so huge you can't find each other anymore...) No thanks, hubby and I are more than pleased with our way of life, we keep telling each other we would deserve a kick in the ... for not being satisfied! Hope your problems with blogger/e-mail will soon be solved Marietta! Have a lovely weekend my friend, Ira

Sheila A. said...

Your post came straight out of my mind, my heart, my mouth. I talked about those exact things today! I feel that I as well should stay awhile from the media. It's too disheartening, discouraging...how can we sleep at night? I've always been a news junkie, but now...?? Too much, too much.

Shopgirl said...

This is a beautiful post, thank you for sharing...love, Mary