Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sometimes Even Damaged Versions Work For Me

I know I am of a different sort but if we would win the lottery I would so want to have one of these or a caravan to run away and hang out in... It would be oh so wonderful to have this space to go and create...... I just love it.....






Don't you just love these peonies created with old book pages.....
http://pinterest.com







These old recycled boot weren't just made for walking..... Love them as down on the farm garden accessories...... { I do not know where I found the picture}


With the hard hitting recession and the economy ... I personally find myself and I know many others turning to a more sustainable source of shopping and reusing.... We have friends that just moved from a home to a condo this past week and money seems to be no problem for all new belongings but for me ... thoughts and moves such as this are not a option.... My budget allows just close to nothing except the continuing trend of recycle old items, giving them a fresh look or even new purpose.... While I can appreciate the purchasing of new it isn't even what I truly love...I find no personality in items just purchased at the local retail store... Ok, I know I am just a bit quirky, but it works for me and I am personally very thankful it does and I do not have the desire for new all the time... Just give me a piece of junk and I will see what I can do with it...

My X had a couple more grain sacks laying out to throw away so I scarfed them up and brought them home..... washed them and now will cut them ... finding enough salvage to create some more pillows.... I know most would have discarded them but I am pretty sure I can get at least 5 pillows from them and maybe some scraps for altered art.... This is what I seem to enjoy the most... making things do.... I have in mind to possibly add some laces or a touch of floral to them and give the old discards some touch of glam.... I love florals, all soft and feminine but want to also make it so a man is not uncomfortable when entering our home... I also love when damaged versions can be brought back to life and live in our home... The grain sacks are a perfect example...

Loving the look of flowers as well in my decorating the though given to this can be of a great help.... My personality loves the look of a hand picked... freshly gathered bunch of flowers rather than the high styled design of course of which I can very comfortably do both after years of design... I just love the comfort in the more natural.... A canning jar can hold a lovely bunch of buds ever so beautifully as a cut glass vase in my eyes... After all it is just the best when we allow the small pleasures to make us happy...

Today is suppose to be much hotter than yesterday of which I struggled with in the afternoon... Forecast for 97 degrees this afternoon... Late evening I watered all my flowers and made sure they will make it through the sweltering day forecast.... A couple weeks ago everything suffered water damage and now I am afraid we have taken on a burn up and dry way.... It has been a very difficult spring and I wonder where the good old summertime days have disappeared to in our area..... I am off to prepare some food for today so I won't be doing it when it has gotten so warm and put my bathing suit on for dipping several times today to try to keep cool... Sending out blessings and best wishes... I have been stopping by several blogs and still cannot leave comments on many.... I hope that will be getting fixed soon as I do not want anyone to think I have forgotten them......







6 comments:

Richard Cottrell said...

Where ya been? I misss you. Drop by any time. Richard at My Old Historic House.

BrushedByAnAngel said...

I think we all would love to run away at some point in our lives and that little caravan would be the perfect place to play with our creative friends.

The paper flowers are so pretty. It has been so hot here in Florida with temps in the triple digits I have just wanted to stay in and paint. I love to repurpose items so when you have a chance, stop by, I am having a giveaway and will be adding more items this week.
Brenda

Farm Field Primitives said...

I look forward to seeing the pillows you make. I'm with you on the whole notion of liking the old,junkier things over the shiny new ones. They have more of a story to tell. Stay cool!!
~Missy~

Tina said...

Hi Marietta.
i´m with you on the old stuff and repurpose. Just give me some old junk and I´m the lucky part. It´s hard with the recession though. We have over here too and it´s hard for a lot of people.
Love those paper peonies. So pretty.
Tina

Ann said...

The caravan reminds me of the one in Wizard of OZ. I'd love to own one too. Always love flowers potted in old shoes, the ladder showcases them.
Ann

Sandi said...

I love all those old photos Marietta and love to repurpose as well although I do like to mix new things that look old too. Those boots are neat on that ladder and I LOVE those paper peonies!! Do they give directions to make them? LOVE LOVE!!
Blessings~