Monday, June 6, 2011

The Start Of A More Relaxed Week Hoped For































Good Morning... The sun is already showing it's warming effect as I stepped out to place mail in the box for pick up and sip on my coffee awaiting the coffee to make me jump around like a teen ager... Fat chance... the only jumping I would be doing is if I stubbed my toe...

Our long weekend is over once again and I am so ready to return to a more relaxed life... Our Rams came up short at State but not short with heart.... Today once again I will be spending most of the day playing catch up after the last two weeks... With outdoor spaces you chores seem to be many more... I will have to get my organizing to the mind set of completing chores in the morning so the afternoons can be spent in a more leisure time... before the heat sets in... The farmers are back in the fields planting and replanting as the rains have stopped for several days now and a dry out took place... As we traveled this weekend we viewed many fields undone and many that were severely damaged by the rains... Yesterday [ Yes on Sunday} several fields of wheat were being sprayed by plane and by helicopter as they have fungus caused by the extensive rains... Farming life can be as stressful as it can be wonderful.... Mother Nature can be very cranky and when she is cranky it is not good...

The shades of summer are starting to be viewed ... in our traveling many home are in their lovely states and many home appear that no one loves them at all any more... These homes make me sad as it seems something may be very wrong with the families that abide there... I know times are hard but it does not take money to pick up your yards and pull weeds... If your heart is heavy or sad maybe a ride around to view others may create some inspiration for wanting to create some cozy outdoor spaces... on deck or porches or just under a shade tree if that is what you have... Sweet pleasures and memories of conversation can be shared and found by just wandering around your yards....

As I am posting the sounds of iron horses making there way to the fields have become increasing.... Summer always has a way of making me wish I had more funds for beautiful outdoor urns and lovely plantings and beautiful furnishings but my little yard always finds it way to being surrounded with re-purposed objects which also makes me happy.... Summer just has a way of wanting to be behind the set times for events and meals and enjoy the environment that surrounds us...

I am off to do some chores before the heat increases... The above pics are of a couple spaces in my yard....The first 4 are the front of my home... I had two camping stools I covered with scraps of grain sacks... I have a picture of one and the other is on one of the back decks..... The one picture is the existing pool we have that is awaiting being destroyed and replaced by a new one this summer... We do not know exactly when they are coming..... I woke up this morning to find the rose bush starting to bloom by the deck of the bedroom... Always so pretty when something is blooming and displaying life.... I'm off.. Enjoy your day.....











4 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

How beautiful your home is Marietta! Very lovely and so peaceful! Stay cool this week...going to be a sweltering one!~Hugs, Patti

Anonymous said...

You certainly have a beautiful piece of Gods's World. I know, like ours, it takes a lot of work but we look at it as a labor of love!!
Have a Wonderful Day!!
Marilyn

Sandi said...

Your home is beautiful Marietta! That pool looks great to me just as it is. Will you put the same size/type in? It is going to be a scorcher today and we have not put in our air conditioner yet. ugh.
Blessings~

Sandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.