Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Busy Weekend

I arose very early this morning... I think I heard Tom shuffling around the house at 6:00 making ready for his golf outing this morning... A kettle of green beans freshly picked from our garden and bacon is simmering on the stove top for tomorrow nights eating after coming home from our church festival.. sliced cucumbers have been made and placed in fridge also for enjoying...
Today in a couple hours I will going to the Elks club with my sister-in-law to meet up with Tom and her hubby to have lunch after the golf outing.. Later in the afternoon we have been invited to a 70 th surprise birthday party that is a outside outing... Tomorrow is the festival so the weekend has become a very busy one...
The warmer is can be felt in the mornings such as this morning and the evenings as the chill has filled the air... County fairs in the area are in full swing as the kids make ready for returning to school.. As the season changes I also make a few changes in the decorating.. When left in one spot over a couple months things become tired looking to me... Changing little sections works best for me as too large of projects of change become confusion...Make sure you don't make your projects so large you don't feel a sense of accomplishment... I love the little projects that can be completed in a morning or much less than a day...
I am off to look in on some of your blogs and make ready for the day... Till Monday... sending best wishes.....



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny how weather conditions are all different. In our part of the world it has been raining on end (ever since July started). Oh well, it's good for the garden, although we never had to sprinkle before during all those years of our life here (it's clay soil). Just popping in to wish you a lovely Sunday Marietta! Take care, Ira

Aunt Hortense said...

Hello, just passing through-- What a beautiful photo! I love that hat. And smaller projects are the best. :) I am new to this, but check out my 'pretty things' blog! http://feminineandsweet.blogspot.com -- I am hoping to include many vintage things in it. Cheers! :)