Thursday, August 4, 2011

Parting With Some Treasures




We received some rain over night late Tuesday and early Wednesday morning..not nearly as much as we would have liked but we will consider what we did receive a blessing... I am going to do some picking and choosing the next few days of objects I have on display to say goodbye to and part with and place them on my sale for another to treasure... I have already put this sale off far to long this summer already due to the excessive heat... I am just going to have to work through it.. I sincerely want to simplify and quit buying of which I have done.... { does make posting somewhat harder if you are not buying all the time and sharing your treasures or junk} When I have my sale I made a promise to myself I would not re buy unless it was something I just couldn't live without and I can't eat antiques so...... I just cleaned and priced a candelabra with some crystals and a large antique celluloid box with a Victorian bar pin and a vintage pair of opera gloves tucked in it... and a lovely old glass decanter is being cleaned and ready for a price on it...

I have cleaned out one corner this morning and am now on a short break to post and am sharing a pic with you of a couple of the small objects I decided not to part with but rather place them on glass so cleaning doesn't have to occur every other day.... I placed in my very tall jar { of which itself is very hard to clean but I still love it so it stays... {It is the length of my whole arm to get down inside to clean so a real challenge.... } a Victorian bar pin or brooch... a cameo vintage compact... a vintage decorative comb in a case.... and a lovely old Victorian photo of which is one of my favorites ... The lid to the jar has a vintage rhinestone brooch secured to crinkle ribbon... I will have a hard time choosing little objects to part with as I love changing out my glass cloches with these little treasures... I must make a decision to part with some of these however in order to make my cleaning easier as I am finding it harder to give them the TLC...
The sun has decided to come out as it is getting into late morning so that means the heat will be accompanying it... but there is a nice breeze going through the house right now.... Well wishing you all a lovely day as I am off to clean and find objects to part with....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's also part of life Marietta, saying goodbye to people and things. But you will still have the lovely memories, you will cherish the moments these beautiful pieces adorned your home.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

There is so much stuff around here that I need to get rid of but just can't get going on the sorting part as that takes so long and creates its own mess. Good luck paring down. Best wishes, Tammy

victorian parlor II said...

It's difficult deciding what to part with. I have had to curtail much of my shopping too but I do enjoy rearranging some of the things around the house so I feel like I have a new look:). Good luck with your sale.

Blessings,

Kim