Monday, August 15, 2011

Passing Moments

The past week was filled with events and not much time spend on caring for the home.. I feel a bit like this little person stranded upon the chair...Yesterday was the church festival and after completing working my shift I spend the rest of several hours with my children and little granddaughter Olivia... On my what a fun time was had by her.... and she went home with a bunch of goodies...
Today I must make a trip to town as my meds have run out... Tuesday if ladies golf league.. just tomorrow and fun day and the league will be over for this year... Wednesday afternoon we are having two other couple over for a small cookout and a farewell to the pool party with cards later... Friday we are traveling to Toledo to visit with friends that are in from Arizona... We are meeting at The Distillery for dinner and conversation... Saturday is my class reunion celebration for all our 70th birthdays and I am surprised how many are coming... The other days I must make ready and sift through the house for more items to be priced for my sale.. Seems the sale keeps getting shoved aside for other events...
I miss having time to be creative and resourceful.... but the desire still remains.. I usually rely on creativity to make my home have some charm... Not having a large amount of money to spend doesn't mean you can't have nice things as I have stated before.. Fabrics as well as clothes can always be layered and embellished. and items can be re-purposed into desires one of a kind items.. The other evening one of the gals at the jewelry party loved the runner I had made on my table that I had sewed a remnant piece of grain sack and a vintage table runner cut in half together... I love it also... and it was created with just stuff I had laying around my home... One of a kind creations are wonderful... Many one of a kind creations end up coming from scouring thrift stores and estate sales.. finding tarnished silver.. mis-matched dishes... vintage jewelry.. chandeliers and parts... and many other worn items...
Embellishment can be a simple but plush upgrade to a existing object or item.. It can end up on a pillow..purse..jacket..picture..only your imagination can be your vision.. There are no real rules... you can make your own with what in your eyes are lovely together... I am never intimidated by thoughts or words of others as I decorate for my own style and taste... I care not for mass produced items from catalogs or stores and do not wish them on my home... The unexpected is much more desirable and creative in my eyes.. Trash to treasures.... Nothing like finding your own ole rusty trash and turning it into your treasure...
I must depart and accomplish some chores before heading to town for meds... I have several chores that went undone this weekend and now must be attended...Hope to find time to pop in on your blogs maybe later this afternoon or early evening...




4 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Marietta Sweetie...
My gosh honey your calendar is so full no wonder you feel like the little girl stranded on the chair. You are afraid to get down, something else might be added to the few minutes you have to breathe in between.

So happy you had time to write sweet friend. I find such peace in writing. Thank you for sharing. Have a glorious week.

I would love to invite you over to my blog this morning to meet Charlie. He is an 8 year old that has cancer, and he is the recipient, he and his family for the Miracle Makeover by Design Gives Back and Guideposts Magazine. Every comment left on my blog will have 1.00 donated towards the next miracle makeover. We are running the makeover through August 18th, and yes you can leave more than one comment. I would appreciate it if you share the word with your blogger friends. Please stop by. Each comment makes a difference.

Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Your schedule is busy! It is busy for me too...I think it is just because it is this time of year. It seems winter can go on and on with nothing on the calendar. I am not complaining though. Enjoy these last few weeks of summer!~Hugs, Patti

Sandi said...

WOW Marietta! You are one busy lady these days. I had a very busy weekend with some of the kids and grands home and I am TIRED!!! Today is just mostly a lazy day trying to recoup!! :)
Would love to come to your sale if it works out. Do you know when you are going to have it yet?
Blessings~

butterfly said...

I take a time to look at your blog and wondered how busy you are. I like your old pictures and copied some, Thanks a lot. Many blessings,
Marja