Saturday, September 10, 2011

Changes Are Upon Us

As the mornings in our area have become chilly thoughts of whip creme covered melting hot chocolates have taken over thoughts instead of my favorite summer beverage of iced lemonade....
Rain... rain and more rain has been answered by earlier prayers this summer when we were in need so very badly... Now ... reversed prayers may soon be needed to tighten the valve.... so farmers will be able to go to the fields in a couple weeks to try to secure the harvest that will be allowed to them...
I believe we will also be calling next week to have our pool cover installed and closed for this year as the elements are making it very difficult to keep it clean.. That enjoyment will be placed in storage... just as our holiday ornaments and decorations until the proper time to unveil it once again...
This time of the year has a transition time and sometimes is difficult to come in from outdoor events but we must... I have started my fall and winter entertainment by reading a book.... " Growing Up Amish" by Ira Wagler... I also purchased " The Help" yesterday while doing grocery shopping... The local library has it reserved into the middle of next year... Hard to believe.... More time spent indoors however does allow more time to be spent on altered art and creating... as more time is allowed due to not having outdoor chores.... I do have many projects waiting for this time period...
I had passed on all the issues of Jeanne d Ark since last Christmas but have allowed myself to order the fall and Christmas from Tracey... I will so be looking forward to receiving them... They are so lovely but with my shoestring of a budget I must make some choices to a couple a year... All the lovely pics today are from the Jeanne d Ark living site...


Lovely gift boxes will be making their appearance under the twinkling of lights of our beautiful trees.....



Candles will be flickering their dances on our ceilings and the lovely scents will be enjoyed by all....





Trimmings will be displayed in all their loveliness.......but for now however ... chilly temps... falling leaves... pumpkins...bittersweets and nuts and berries are all starting to make their appearances.... as many are starting to add the touches for this season that is upon us.... Sending wishes for a pleasant weekend your way..

" LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS....IT'SABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN " unknown






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Autumn is upon us here. I heard a large flock of Canadian Geese making an early exit this morning!!
Have a Great Weekend!
Marilyn

Sandi said...

I LOVE Jeanne de Arc and have several magazines, but I haven't ordered any lately. I must order the Christmas one though.
Blessings~

Unknown said...

Wonderfully altered box and candles Marietta. Yes, you're right, changes are here, I recently mentioned it on my blog that I can actually smell autumn in the air in the morning. We will make the best of this season, too, won't we? Have a lovely Sunday, hugs, Ira

Shopgirl said...

Fall is once again in the air. Although it is warm out, there is a feeling in the air. I am glad to be back posting and reading your blog. I am always glad to see what you are doing or have done. Big Hugs, mary