Saturday, October 15, 2011

Back Home

Back home in my little nest in the country and oh, so glad to be here... Today may be chilly and very windy but I am tucked in and enjoying it. Have a kettle of home-made potato soup on the stove simmering and just added the rivals and made some fruit jello for lunch this evening and a cherry pie... With all the rich and eating food on vacation that you normally do not intake everyday when cooking at home I am just having a desire for something very comforting ..... Yesterday,on our journey home we were whipped around by strong winds through the mountains and today it followed us here to Ohio... All I can think or say is "HOME SWEET HOME"...
The sounds of wagons bumping as they travel down the road and the roars of combines can be heard today as the farmers have taken to the fields to harvest their crops... As we traveled home some tobacco could be seen in the sheds and barns and some still in the fields and also the cotton... some harvested some not... as well as soy beans and corn as we have in this area...
Next week after resting this weekend and trying to regroup I will be thinking of some Christmas inspiration and possibly creating a few some items for decorating... I have already stated it will be a simple form of lovely this year... with a small change up...
I wanted to post a short post today and wish you all many blessings and a nice weekend... Hopefully I can be more inspirational and creative as the week starts .....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How was your potato soup Marietta, did you enjoy it? It's nice to be away, but boy, it sure feels good to be home again, doesn't it? Some of the stores over here already sell Christmas stuff, I have to admit it's my favourite holiday of the year, my husband's too; and we prefer to spend it at home, near the fireplace, nice and cozy, some lovely music and we can be totally satisfied, talking, laughing, just having a good time together and/or with family. Have you got plans yet? Enjoy your preparations! Take care, Ira