Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Allure Of Twinkling Lights and Sparkle

Pic from Victoria site...

Although almost all my white twinkling Christmas lights are in place I am not turning them on as of yet... I usually wait till about the second week of November to flip the switch and set the mood for the coming holidays.. I just mainly love the thought that all the work has been completed... I am shortly going to go our of doors and add a few tucks of Christmas... I do not decorate that much out side... A couple wreaths can usually weather the elements well through the couple months but much more just takes a lashing...
As less is considered more in traditional decorating I am not a traditional style gal.. and tend to love the all that glitters style when it comes to the holidays... I also love the sight of lovely ribbons and old images.... Oh actually just any piece of fanciful for the eye will attract my interest...
For those of you that purchase or subscribe to the Victoria magazine I Just feel in love with pages 58 and 59. Thought the old newpaper fashioned into upside down trees and used on the sheves was sweet and the old wash stand and tubs serving as a sink... Way too clever....
The sun is melting the early morning frost and encouraging me to get a crackin with the outdoor chores awaiting me... Need to aborb some of that precious sunshine and add energy to the body... The trees are becoming skeltons as all the droppings are awaiting removal before the arrival of snow.... Enjoy the day God gave to us...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's nice to get into the swing and mood of Christmas. Although it's a bit difficult right now over here, with this wonderful lovely sunny and warm weather we're having! I'm not complaining, really love it. I've only finished one CHristmas project, still so many more to be done, but it'll come, I hope ;-) Take care Marietta, Ira

Stella said...

Can't wait to see all of you Christmas sparkle. I always have to get through Thanksgiving before I can even consider Christmas.

Lily's Lace said...

OMG, I'm not over Halloween yet and you're ready for Christmas, I wish I had your energy and drive. I love all your silver packages, they're lovely! Our inside decorations will be a little different, we have two new kittens who have made it their mission to demolish everything in sight! I need to put hard hats on them! OK time to figure out a kitty friendly Christmas! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment, back at ya on your comments, I just don't have the time for grade school antics anymore!xoxo-cindy

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

You are smart to get it all done now! I am the "queen of procrastination" so it will all happen after Thanksgiving. I do want to be be much simpler in my decorating this year.~Hugs, Patti