Thursday, November 17, 2011

Morning Musings







Little tucks of Christmas around my home.....


Looking out my front bay picture window I am watching 3 deer making their way across the neighbors shelled corn field ... The sun is just making it's appearance, making it a chilly feel but lovely picture of nature at it's best in this part of Ohio... and as we enter the very wonderful week of Thanksgiving.... Now if I could just find someone else that would love making Thanksgiving Dinner... hum, at what age do you say it is someone else turn... Seems like at the age of 70 nearing 71 that event should be happening soon... This young chick seems to run out of batteries unlike the little energized bunny... Tom is off to Indy to visit his son Todd and the family for a couple days... He was up at 4:30 a.m. getting ready to leave and of course you know who else got woke up..
ggrrrrrr.....

As soon as I post a few words I am off to clean house.. Hopefully this afternoon I can spend some time completing some angel wings and a card enclosure I have been working on for some friends... Ya all know the holidays are upon us now, right? I always try with a early start but somehow it always catches up.. then we get to the stage where we are not calm anymore...

As I continue to try to obtain Timeless Vintage, the love of yesterday, combined with today that will last forever on a shoe string budget....I am trying to stay on track and think I have done quite well... Do I see things I would love to have.... you bet I do... but then remember they are only things... no matter how lovely they are to the eye... I need to stay on track so I can have all the pecans for holiday baking and yes even peanut butter that sounds like they are to be a luxury item... Seems many items have become a luxury...

Well, I must get myself motivated and accomplish half the cleaning today... I think being waken so early and up for coffee at 6:00 a.m. has not helped my motivation....




1 comment:

Sandi said...

I am so not ready for the holidays! I haven't started decorating at all. Well Marietta, I am 52 and my oldest son and his family are cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year in their new house and we are all joining them. My parents are even going!! :) So that is a GOOD thing for me!! Very thankful they want to have it!!
Blessings~