Monday, January 23, 2012

Home







Awaiting to be opened and used for the first season... Our new pool we had built this late fall.... The grass has all been seeded and came up wonderful before winter arrived....and grasses and landscaping were completed since this picture... The building built by the Amish now has been completed and painted and shutters added.... I will post a pic this spring when the grass is green and the pool is once again open.....


Living in the country is all about embracing simple pleasures and staying in touch with the earth and all it's beauty... The countryside a kaleidoscope ... just as yesterday was white with snow cover everywhere while nighttime hours changed the appearance as rains melted the snow away and green grass appeared once again... Tonight the winds are showing their mighty strength as
it whistles through our home...

Yesterdays gathering of my family and sharing of food... stories.. and laughter made life as one loves it to be and the wisdom to realize it...and enjoy... For awhile wrapping paper was flying everywhere and toys when trying to travel from room to room were danced around as my granddaughter enjoyed her 4th birthday. But soon all was quiet and things back in order... Laughter disappeared and time for relaxing and watching a movie on TV completed the day... It was a great day...

Being true to myself these are the things that I hold so dear... my family... my home... my gardens and wonderful outdoor spaces adding the contentment and pleasures one should enjoy the most... I so love the thought and feel of comfort and having other feel the same... To achieve this however, I think our homes must be tidy and have charm.. The way you feel about things always shows on the way you do things...Doing little extra pleasures and touches for yourself as well as others always adds a reward.. Though it may be humble charm, there is no place like home....

NOTE... I must admit I am starting to yearn for summer retreat and the birds and the bees! But till then I will enjoy what is offered.....

2 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I love your new pool! I am sure you look out at it and long for some warm weather to come soon! You are so fortunate to have it. Your home is just lovely!~Hugs, Patti

Ruth Kelly said...

Jealous - a personal pool. Wonderful.