Monday, January 16, 2012

A Little Change

After viewing the edging I created from aged book pages all day yesterday and last evening I decided it was too long... It hid the detail of the custom mantle on our fireplace... I just got the scissors and cut about 4 inches off and cut to peaks free hand without taking it down and it looks much better.... I don't mind that it isn't perfect as most of the time when I work with altered art I always try to make it too perfect... The tearing and grungy is the look I try to achieve and sometimes it is really difficult to get there... When creating especially with paper I think it is much better not so perfect.... I may try to create a little edging for the antique pie safe with the inches I cut from the original edging just to salvage the gluing of the pages together.... Working through my little home with some chores this morning... The main one was to clean and sanitize the fridge..ugh... but completed... mopped and 2 loads of laundry... just everyday Monday chores....maybe this afternoon some "me" time , even if it be a nap... I will be making ham and scalloped potatoes for supper along with a veggie.... Yesterday I made a wonderful pineapple upside down cake as a couple of you viewed on my Facebook .... It was scrumptious....
I am still going through the old copy of "Where Women Create" and getting the urge to not really antique shop but rather search for embellishments that may be with a shoestring budget... I will never be able to create on the level that many of these talented women do as they have a thousand times more supplies and goodies than I could even think of... Many of these things make me drool to be able to have all this to create but I have to remember this doesn't fall in my category.... Guess I will just have to stick with old book pages ... glue... and scissors and some vintage jewelry and a few tidbits.... and count my blessings.... I can still make my nest very sweet and comfortable as I am very content to work my my tight budget most of the time causing more creating ....... For the most part I am a very visual person...and find creations of other to be very inspiring and using put my own twist to things.... All the years of my career as design and floral I always had to be such a person of perfection but with retiring and just creating for myself I find I truly love if all things are not perfect as I have learned not much in our journey of life is... I do not mind a object is not perfect or shows age... in fact I seem to love it more.... Making all the dreams as I had as a child not at all true today... Funny how time changes our desires and thoughts.... Wishing you all a wonderful blessed day...

3 comments:

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

So pretty! Those cloches are beautiful!

♥Linsey

Sandi said...

It really does look lovely Marietta! What a great idea. I would love a mantel someday, but have no fireplace. I think hubby could make one for me out of old wood. :) Your paper trim is just gorgeous!!
Blessings~

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your update on the paper trim is terrific! Very nice!