Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Better Days Ahead

I haven't posted much the last several days as much of my day has been spent under the blankies in efforts to feel better and rid of a extremely bad cold... Today I am considerably better it seems, and it is nice as I can enjoy some hours of my birthday... Tonight we have plans on using a Christmas gift certificate given to us to have dinner at the new restaurant at the golf course in Defiance... I wasn't sure if we would have to delay that but right now it seems to be a go...
I snapped a picture to share with you of the beautiful antique library table Tom purchased for my birthday and Valentines day to hold the TV in the living room. Originally we had just cheaper TV stand and he feel in love with the library table so... I had no idea he would purchase this but it is very lovely... It came from Ft. Defiance Antiques in Defiance...If you get by Defiance stop and see Deanna and tell her Micky sent you and I am sure she will offer you a nice discount of something you may fall in love with.... This winter, knowing we wouldn't be doing any traveling... most all our friends are either in warm climates or just leaving to do so... I have just been focusing on taking a leisure approach to everyday living and enjoying my hours at home... Browsing through magazines and reading many books these days have taken place... Just total contentment with everyday offerings and even most chores seem easy when taking this approach...I think with a thankful heart... it is so very nice Tom and I are quite simple in our needs but they always still seem to have a touch of lux tho them... This spurs a good frame of mind... Yesterday afternoon, my daughter stopped by and had purchased 3 books for my reading enjoyment at the book store in the mall... I thought that was the sweetest gesture on her part...and it is so appreciated...
Tomorrow and Friday I am going to have to play catch up on chores that need to be done... due to my hours spend under the blankies...Hopefully next week some creative juices will once again start to shine through.... I am off to read some blogs... Blessings sent to all.....

5 comments:

Richard Cottrell said...

rest and warm is the best medicine. Feel better. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday !! Hope you feel better soon.
I keep telling Bob that I want a day to just stay in my jammies but I never do. One of these days.....
The library table is beautiful. I love the finish. My Grandmother had one similar to this.
Take Care & Stay Warm....
Marilyn

Susie said...

Marietta, Happy birthday !!! I hope you can enjoy your nice evening out with your husband. What a beautiful gift he gave you. Get well, Spring isn't far away:):) smiles, Susie

VintageCrafter said...

Wishing you a wonderful birthday celebration!
From an avid reader of your blog:)
~Carol

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I am so sorry you are under the weather Marietta. I had thought that most of the viruses that were going around during the holidays had started to wane but now I am hearing more people coming down with it. Take care of yourself and feel better!~Hugs, Patti