Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Peaceful Calm

Today small tucks of Valentines trim will be taken down and some placed away for further use. A very simple but very delicious meal was prepared at home and shared and enjoyed by Tom and I. A pot roast of beef, carrots and potato's baked all afternoon and a home made carrot cake with cream cheese butter frosting and a scoop of vanilla ice cream later in the evening was enjoyed...
I think time for spring and a lighter decorating will soon come to mind as we travel through February into March. Thoughts of spring breaks for many and Easter will start to enter our thought.... For a couple weeks now I have been very content at home and very much of my time has been spent quietly reading several books.
Thoughts have been in my mind to redo a couple vignettes but the energy level is not there as of yet... I do realize I seem to arrange my home in the same approach I did when decorating and setting the floral and gift shop in retail... I think of objects as being props... Two of my most favorite simple props are old books and pieces of luggage... allowing very nicely for elevation... I do so love the look of very old books and the use of them not allowing objects to stand as soldiers or a whole a string of birds perched side by side on a electrical line... Different levels are definitely key to lovely vignettes... Thoughts of open doors and windows have also been in mind... The other morning I opened the patio door that takes you out to the back deck and within minutes realizing Brrrr ... baby, it's cold outside and those thoughts need to be compressed for a time yet... Many of our friends have opted for Florida and have been there or are currently there, but our winter has not been hard here this year... Besides my desires are never to travel or be away from home... I love the option of just laying my head into my own pillow and laying in my own bed at nighttime... never have had the desires for seeking accommodations elsewhere... I know may places have charming decor and unforgettable hospitality but I always feel that at home without all those high bills that come with being away.... it is quite nice to enjoy what we are already paying for... I also know these feeling are not shared by all and isn't that what makes the world go round... We all can do as we choose... not making it right or wrong... For me home is my peaceful calm...
Sending wishes to all to enjoy your day and all the simple little blessings that come with it.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't that why we call 'home' 'home'? Because it is our own very special place where we'd like to reside first and foremost? I always love being home or going home, makes me feel warm inside just thinking about it. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day Marietta, all the best, Ira

Ruth Kelly said...

I do like to travel but it does feel oh so good when I get home to my own home and bed.

Susie said...

Marietta, I am so ready to air my house out. I think I am longing for Spring too. I want to dig in the dirt and plant some flowers. Glad you had a wonderful Day with your husband. Smiles, Susie