Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Easter Inspiration





Easter is a world wide custom... How on earth did rabbits and eggs come to be involved with what we believe as a tradition... Bunnies and eggs are symbols of new life and rebirth... just as spring itself is....

The first Easter bunny legend was documented in the 1500's. By 1680 the story about a rabbit laying eggs and hiding them in the garden was published.. The legends were brought to the United States in the 1700's when Germans settled in the Pennsylvania Dutch Country..

Traditions of nest for rabbits have evolved to the massive amount of candy treats and gifts we not enjoy today....

I have posted a very lovely table setting in wonderful shades of blue that has a WOW factor... When studying close this would not be that terribly hard to recreate in shades you desire for your Easter... Or could easily be just mixed with lovely soft shades.... I would personally love to see it in shades of browns and all shades of tans with lovely white or brown transferware dishes...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely photos Marietta, I absolutely adore that napkin, it's so cute! (how could I not love it, being such an ardent 'fan of bunnies'). It's been such a wonderful and sunny day today, a perfect day for gardening really. Take care, Ira

Ruth Kelly said...

Your table is absolutely gorgeous and I enjoyed hearing where our traditions came from. I hope your Easter is wonderful.

Richard Cottrell said...

ve the easter napkins, have to copy. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Shopgirl said...

These are lovely, and I think our Bunny's in Idaho will be hiding eggs in the snow...Hugs, mary

victorian parlor II said...

Gorgeous! I really like the blue tablescape:).

Blessings,

Kim

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Marietta,
beautiful tablescape and I adore the napkin.Thank you so much for the well wishes.Have a lovely day.
Hugs,
Marie