Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Entertaining Angels Unawares

BE NOT FORGETFUL TO ENTERTAIN STRANGERS: FOR THEREBY SOME HAVE ENTERTAINED ANGELS UNAWARES Hebrews 13:2 kjv

A lovely start to a morning here in N.W. Ohio. A show of wind is chiming as the wind chimes are playing music to the strength of the wind..
On a small break as this morning is to be spent clearing area in dining room and kitchen to prepare for a good mopping.. Chairs and table and area rug have been cleared.. Now let the fun begin... Oh yea... This is most likely a job that should have been conquered next week after company has left but you know a lady of older time it is the thought that cleanliness is next to Godliness. Some times as of late I crash and burn however. Do you think it could be the aging process...
The beautiful words above were found in a lovely read I just finished yesterday. The title of the book. "Love Finds You In Sugarcreek Ohio by Serena B. Miller.... I enjoyed the read that places a mysterious outsider in the shadow in Ohio Amish Country. Policewoman Rachel Troyer has always looked after her three elderly Amish Aunts ... Joe Matthews is no tourist when the bearded stranger lands on the steps of her aunts begging for shelter for himself and young son. So the story begins.....
Also sifted through my Romantic Homes magazine received this week and found it to be quite delightful as in years past... I have enjoyed the last couple issues.. Many lovely objects to use for inspiration.
Sunday I will be playing host to house guests for our family Easter gathering... Oh I find it to be much more of a struggle than in years past... I don't seem to mind the food preparing but it is the clean up to the days end that takes it tole... I have even resorted to using very large strong paper plates to cut some of the work... Yes...once again.. I am sure it is that old aging process thing..
Tom and I have slowly started taking outdoor furniture from storage and placing it out side as we inch our way into spring. Much to be done yet however... Our grass is experiencing rapid growth along with the weeds and dandelions but the trees are really different.. The helicopter that spiral their way to the ground are on the trees but not the foliage... this due to the 65 degree weather we had in March and now the cooling... Nature is confused and I am going to be confused if I don't end my break and get busy with the floors that are staring me in the face...
Hope as many of you are also making holiday plans as the holy week travels by that you will all have many blessings and enjoy the moments....

4 comments:

Ruth Kelly said...

Nice to think of blogging as a break. Advice I received from one blogger was that don't let your blog be a chore but something you enjoy and do it when you feel like it. I think that is great advice. You have a way with words.

Anonymous said...

Good Wednesday!!
Quite windy here today too. I had to vaccume the entire downstairs this morning & I too felt the old age settle in. Used to be I would think nothing of rearranging my furniture & now I just look at it & say .... Looks good like it is! Old Age again.....
However, one nice thing about aging. I do enjoy sitting awhile & reading!! I am reading "Mohawk" by Richard Russo. Very enjoyable. Just about the people in a town in upstate New York.
Have a Splendid Easter!!
Marilyn

Sandi said...

Blessings to you and your family at this beautiful Easter season Marietta! We will be going to my moms for lunch after church and I am to make the dessert. I have some ideas swirling around in my head, but not sure yet. :)
Don't over do...our family has gotten so large that my mom uses paper plates sometimes as well. It is okay. :)
Blessings~

Andi's English Attic said...

Have a lovely time with your Easter celebrations, and take the clearing up slowly. xx