Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Morning Musings



Yesterday was a very lovely day.. Finished working on the past years solar lights and will be placing them in the front garden area as soon as I post... I have attached a picture of one of the jar solar light I created yesterday... of course removing the light from it's ground stake and a old ball jar and a jar lid ring... using a top from a oleo container I cut a circle to fit the jar top and another circle the size of the solar light for inserting.. added a ribbon and a couple silk flowers and a budget little light for my outdoor table was created...

By doing these small projects I am trying ever so hard to create the lifestyle we all dream of.. a lovely outdoor space for entertaining and relaxing in my style and tied with a very tight shoestring budget... With little treats of inspiration, it just coaxes ones self to come from hibernation and enjoy the lovely gifts of nature.. A comment from Richard a few post ago made me smile cause a bit of my style and passion does seem to be a bit of decayed elegance but also I enjoy placing something very lovely and maybe a touch of glam or glitz.... I enjoy ruff and ready objects indoors as well as outdoors... Many times I enjoy seeing garden objects used inside the home and certainly knowing this style is not for everyone but has become very popular...I was also trained that when purchasing for retail for others you purchase only a couple of what you love and and 10 of other things you don't love so much to make a store that everyone would like to shop... If we would just purchase what we love for retail we would certainly limit customers.... As Tom would think " whatever makes your putter flutter" as he has left for the golf course several hours ago... Today however he will be returning home early afternoon to do the mowing of our lawn... then we are off to another Tinora baseball game this afternoon at Pettisville... Tom said he would take us out for a sandwich after the game... it won't be a candlelit dinner but it means a break from planning and cooking supper of which is always nice once in awhile...

As soon as I post I am off to take more items from storage and get them placed as I want to enjoy the breezy morning in the country on some of God's precious acres north of a small town in the USA...



1 comment:

Susie said...

Marietta, What a clever little light. I may try to make one for my outdoor table. Thank you. Smiles, Susie(She Junks)